Question : EAD signature card for 765 renewal?

485curious

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
     I am planning to renew my EAD by myself. Does anyone know if we really need to get the 765 signature card from Local INS? Anyone got 765 approved without that?

Thanks for your inputs.

485 Details
RD - Jun-01
ND - Aug-01

Saw this @immigration-law.com recently

Updated 04/24/2002: No Signature Card Needed for EAD Application

AILA has confirmed from the INS HQ that the Service Centers no longer require or use a signature card to produce Employment Authorization Card. One time the procedure requiring the signature card as part of EAD application with the Service Centers was a big headache. Not any more. The Service Centers will scan the signature from the application form I-765 itself. Accordingly, the INS advises that people sign the I-765 form in "black color" pen and not blue color pen.

My lawyer says....

My lawyer says that she has never used a signature card in the 12 years of her practice. I don\'t remember whether she made me sign one last year when she filed my I-485. However, this time since I\'m filing on my own ( for a renewal ), I decided to play it safe and requested an I-765 application form by mail ( from the INS Forms Center). Not only did they send a blank signature card but also a new form stating " I swear that all documents sent with this application are copies of bonafide originals.... bla, bla, bla " and I had to sign it and send it back with the application.
          So to play it safe just go online and request an application by mail. Took me about one week to get the forms.

frodo/villageMD thanks for your inputs

I really appreciate you taking time to answer my questions. Thanks again.