question abt medicals

padmaja12

Registered Users (C)
My RD for 485 is 1/10/2. When I did the medicals in Dec 2001 I was pregnant and couldnt take the shots, so I submitted the same with just the tests done. I can take the shots now so I asked my lawyer if I it is advisable to take the shots now and send the medical papers to INS as an attachment. But they suggested we wait for RFE. Any ideas ?
Does any one know of any case where the applicant has recd an RFE for medical in this type of case ?:confused:

Similar case for Wife, received RFE

When we applied for I-485 (June '01) my Wife was pregnant,
hence she did not take TB test and some shots for her Medical exam; The Doctor and our Attorney told us that we would later receive an RFE for the same.
We did receive an RFE asking my wife to :
" xxxxx (name) should get TB test done when not pregnant"
(Yes, the RFE was that specific).
We had her Medical done for the remaining tests/shots and responed to the RFE. Currently awaiting approval for both of us.
Details : RD - 6/12/01
ND - 7/27/01
Rfe issued by NSC - 6/26/02
Rfe response received by NSC - 7/16/02
Awaiting approval.

Regarding taking the remaining Medical tests before receving RFE - I didn't ask my Attorney about that neither do I know anyone
doing so. Hope this helps.

I am also in the same boat. RFE from INS received in July 2002 only mentioned about BC and nothing about medical exam. Me and my wife were advised by our attorney not to do medical when we had filed our I-485 in Jun 2002.

Could any of you please have your say on this as to whether INS sends RFE for each thing separately or anyone has had received a separate RFE for Medical Exam.

Thanks