• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question about your number if selected

Jordanfr

Hello,

Quick question about something I'm not sure about.
I heard that when you are selected, you get a number and basically you have to wait until you get called to the embassy. The higher your number, the later you'll get your meeting and the lower your chances are to actually win the green card (correct me if I'm wrong).

I also read that you have to provide a lot of paperwork for your file to be inspected and get the interview.

My question is, let's say you are selected and have a high number on the list, but, you are able to send your paperwork back super fast with everything in order : does it increase your chances ?

If I ever get selected, I know I'd put my life on pause to provide everything asap.

I just want to know if it has happened for people to have a number, do everything in order super fast, and yet not being able to get the green card. Last question : if you are selected but cannot make it because of your number, do you have to re-enter the lottery to win again ? or do you have a status that allows you to apply somehow and make sure you'll get it ?

Thanks ! :)

Hi Jordan,

Your CN is what determines when you get your appointment so even if you send the papers on May 15, it won't accelerate the process. It may, however, delay it if you have not sent them and are not ready to send your package by the time you get current.

As for your second question, no special status so you'd have to "play" again in the same conditions as everyone else.

Hope that helps, bonne chance!