Question about walk-in at DO

rajeshfromLA

Registered Users (C)
I am unable to make an InfoPass at the Los Angeles DO for 12/30 for an interim EAD. It says that no appointments are available.

Thus, I am thinking of walking-in on 12/30 morning for an interim EAD.

Do you guys have any experiences to share with walk-in interviews? Such as time you need to wait? and what time shall I go to the office to stand in line? And if you get the iEAD?

I need to get an iEAD to start working the week after - as I have a contract starting then.

Also, 12/30 will be 89 calendar days from my RD

My DO is Los Angeles.

Thanks
Rajesh

Thanks

rajeshfromLA said:
I am unable to make an InfoPass at the Los Angeles DO for 12/30 for an interim EAD. It says that no appointments are available.

Thus, I am thinking of walking-in on 12/30 morning for an interim EAD.

Do you guys have any experiences to share with walk-in interviews? Such as time you need to wait? and what time shall I go to the office to stand in line? And if you get the iEAD?

I need to get an iEAD to start working the week after - as I have a contract starting then.

Also, 12/30 will be 89 calendar days from my RD

My DO is Los Angeles.

Thanks
Rajesh

Thanks

Rajesh... You will NOT be let in without an INFOPASS. You can attempt it if you wish but trying to get iEAD without an INFOPASS is a waste of your time. Let us know how it went.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/losangeles/aboutus.htm

Walk-ins:
To speak with an Immigration Information Officer, you must make an appointment via the Internet at www.infopass.uscis.gov. You must bring the printout of your INFOPASS appointment and a photo ID with you. A number of persons can be served on a walk-in basis. Such visits should be limited to emergencies. Please note that you may have to wait several hours until you see an Immigration Officer. Use this service unless you already have an appointment in a specific program area. General information is provided to the public in response to in-person inquiries. In Room 1001, staff is available to review, accept, and collect fees for certain benefit applications. Customers are referred to other programs when required.

Walk-in

I am hoping to take an employment offer which is contingent to my EAD approval - which can serve as the emergency. Lets see how that goes.

Sux - there were appointments available last night. But not any more for Los Angeles. I should have taken one last night itself.