• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

question about the sealed yellow envelope

aatkco

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

I'm confused about the sealed yellow envelope that we get among the passport, as far as I know I have to deliver it to immigration officer at the port of entry to complete my immigration process, so if I booked a plane ticket that goes from my country, passes through another US state say JFK in NY then arrives at final destination of Florida, do I deliver the envelope in the JFK airport or in the JAX airport in Florida? are there some airports that I must deliver this envelope to or all airports are fine?

I'm sorry if the question seems stupid :D
Thanks in advance

The envelope is given to the officer at your Port of Entry,although you are going to Florida but the imigration process will be completed in JFK where they will take your fingerprints and photo,after that you can go to Florida where your GC will be delivered

Hey guys,

I'm confused about the sealed yellow envelope that we get among the passport, as far as I know I have to deliver it to immigration officer at the port of entry to complete my immigration process, so if I booked a plane ticket that goes from my country, passes through another US state say JFK in NY then arrives at final destination of Florida, do I deliver the envelope in the JFK airport or in the JAX airport in Florida? are there some airports that I must deliver this envelope to or all airports are fine?

I'm sorry if the question seems stupid :D
Thanks in advance

Its your port of entry i.e. the place where you will physically land and go through immigration. If you're exiting through JFK then that is your port of entry even if you go to Florida later.

Good luck!

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK or Washington Dulles

Its JFK. Whatever the airport land first. :D
Thanks a lot :)
The envelope is given to the officer at your Port of Entry,although you are going to Florida but the imigration process will be completed in JFK where they will take your fingerprints and photo,after that you can go to Florida where your GC will be delivered
Thanks a lot :)
Its your port of entry i.e. the place where you will physically land and go through immigration. If you're exiting through JFK then that is your port of entry even if you go to Florida later.

Good luck!

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK or Washington Dulles
Thanks a lot and good luck in your upcoming interview :)

Make sure you've left a lot of time between connecting flights. The process can take a long time so you don't want to miss your next flight or spend the entire time stressing. If you look stressed, they might wonder if you're hiding something :D

It all depends how many new immigrants they have. My procedure took about 15 min and i was free to go. Visitors line went fast and when i got to the officer that takes care of new immigrants i realized i was the only one there.