• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question about the photo

sdes4414

Hi all,

I have been selected by DV2019, but I’m not sure which the photo I used… If the photo is same as my passport (issued in 2016). Will it be disqualified in interview. I'm considering to apply for a new passport...

Does anyone have the same experience?

If the photo you used for your DV2019 application is the same photo used for a passport issued in 2016, then chances are you’d get disqualified. The time gap between 2016 and 2018 (when you submitted your entry) is well above the required 6 months.

I could be wrong, but I do remember the instructions reading “Do not submit an old photograph”. The consequences of this I’ve already mentioned above.

I'm assuming they want you to bring in a physical photo so considering the application was digital they probably expect a new one anyway. Needs to be within 6 months though.

Hi all,

I have been selected by DV2019, but I’m not sure which the photo I used… If the photo is same as my passport (issued in 2016). Will it be disqualified in interview. I'm considering to apply for a new passport...

Does anyone have the same experience?
Why would you use the same photo when the rules state specifically that the image must be less than 6 months old?