Question about stamping (LA)

Silly Man

Volunteer moderator
Folks, at the LA center, do they let you use cellphones inside? I have a terribly important meeting to attend, which might clash with INS's terrible inefficiency.

SM,
Are you teasing us folks :) that are dying to be in your shoes. Even if my "Mother-In-Law" calls me I'm gonna put her on hold :) (Hope my wife doesn't read this)

By the way I went for my second finger printing in the SF office and they had signs all over the place prohibits the use of cellphones so I imagine it might be the same at other offices.

For SM

at LA office, you must turn off your cell phone. If you have the cell phone with camera attached, you are not allowed to enter!

Hmm .. I have 2 cellphones, my personal phone doesn't have a camera, though the company phone does.

But whats the point when I can't make a call anyway ..

Ok so I understand clearly, if I have a camera phone on me .. they will check me for it .. and won't let me enter even?

ticket from East Coast to LA: $300
personal cell phone bill: $50
phone sex with Aishwarya Rai while getting PP stamped with PR: priceless

Originally posted by gopher97
ticket from East Coast to LA: $300
personal cell phone bill: $50
phone sex with Aishwarya Rai while getting PP stamped with PR: priceless

Very very funny :). OOh Dear Aishu .. stamp ho geya .. OMG OMG !! LOL

Originally posted by Silly Man
Very very funny :). OOh Dear Aishu .. stamp ho geya .. OMG OMG !! LOL

Mera Q reh gaya. Ok so I understand clearly, if I have a camera phone on me .. they will check me for it .. and won't let me enter even?

Silly, I haven't read the forum lately so it came as a pleasant surprise to me when I came back to find out your's AOS was approved. When did this miracle happen? By the way, how long did it take all together, with LC?
Congrats.
Hope you're not leaving the forum. But there's already gopher97 to hang on the funny side, if you do leave. :)
Bic

For what it's worth, I've been to the LA Downtown INS office a couple of times last Spring. Do not remember any signs requiring to turn off cell phones. What I do remember, though, is making calls on my cell phone from the INS building...

I have several questions as to what to do when I get my approval(lord knows when). Here they are in no particular order of importance. Experts weigh in, please.

1. I have two cars, one is a porsche GT-2 turbo and one is a Honda civic. Which one should I take to BCIS office? i am asking this because if i drive the porsche won't they be suspicious of my salary that I put down on my application?

2. Should I wear my Armani suit or the one I bought from Sears on sale?I may have an important meeting to attend to right after my stamping and so I have to consider the Armani... I am afraid that Armani may raise their suspicion about my financial status.They may issue an RFE on the spot and kick me outa there!

3. If they ask me to sign something, should I use my cartier pen or the papermate i got from Walmart? Will they throw me out of the office if i show off my cartier? May be they will call IRS to verify my tax returns again?

I am plagued by several other questions like what shoes to wear and what underwear to wear..who knows they may want a physical exam right there and if i strip and show my expensive underwear....my God..I am even afraid of getting an approval notice now...somebody please help me....give me some good advise.Thanks.

Originally posted by ECGC
I have several questions as to what to do when I get my approval(lord knows when). Here they are in no particular order of importance. Experts weigh in, please.

1. I have two cars, one is a porsche GT-2 turbo and one is a Honda civic. Which one should I take to BCIS office? i am asking this because if i drive the porsche won't they be suspicious of my salary that I put down on my application?

2. Should I wear my Armani suit or the one I bought from Sears on sale?I may have an important meeting to attend to right after my stamping and so I have to consider the Armani... I am afraid that Armani may raise their suspicion about my financial status.They may issue an RFE on the spot and kick me outa there!

3. If they ask me to sign something, should I use my cartier pen or the papermate i got from Walmart? Will they throw me out of the office if i show off my cartier? May be they will call IRS to verify my tax returns again?

I am plagued by several other questions like what shoes to wear and what underwear to wear..who knows they may want a physical exam right there and if i strip and show my expensive underwear....my God..I am even afraid of getting an approval notice now...somebody please help me....give me some good advise.Thanks.

Pull up in ur Porsche wearing the Armani suit. Tell the officer at the door that you are the immigration attorney representing ECGC and that you took the time today out of your busy schedule screwing people to personally get ECGC's passport stamped as you felt that he deserved it.

Silly Man dont be silly is it soo imp to ask such Q? Its all up to u if u want to stamp... bottom line..