Question about recently passed H.R. 815

krsrama

Congress recently passed H.R. 815.
The Senate amendment # 1572 gives additional visas, children age out protection, and EAD. This amendment was added to S.Amdt. 1388 and was voted by senate with majority.

Does the amendment - S.Amdt. 1572 to S.Amdt. 1388 (search for - Promoting legal immigration)
included and passed in H.R. 815 final version of the bill? Does it become a law?
I can find this amendment approved in amendment section but not in the enrolled bill. Please advise.

If you have resources or link then please share.

No. The enrolled bill text is what was passed by both houses and signed by the President. Your S.Amdt. 1572 was a proposed amendment in February to the Senate foreign aid bill. I can find no actions taken on S.Amdt. 1572; I am not sure where you are seeing "I can find this amendment approved". The content of S.Amdt. 1572 is clearly not in S.Amdt. 1388 (the February Senate foreign aid bill), nor in the version of H.R. 815 that the Senate sent to the House in February. And, in any case, the Senate foreign aid bill was completely replaced by the House foreign aid bill in April, which also does not contain this content.

Thanks for the reply!
S.Amdt. 1572 is part of the S.Amdt. 1388. I am unable to share the link here. This 1388
Amendment is voted on 02/12. (Amendment SA 1388 agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 66 - 33) hence I said that. Anyway this clarifies that house has replaced the senate version.

Thanks for the reply!
S.Amdt. 1572 is part of the S.Amdt. 1388. I am unable to share the link here. This 1388
Amendment is voted on 02/12. (Amendment SA 1388 agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 66 - 33) hence I said that. Anyway this clarifies that house has replaced the senate version.
S.Amdt. 1572 was a proposed amendment to S.Amdt. 1388. S.Amdt. 1572 was never voted on, so it didn't amend S.Amdt. 1388.