Question about Paystub

usa_gcard

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I am in India from the last 6 months. Does the consulate generally ask for latest paystubs for the CP interview ?
If so, can I say I am in India from the last few months?

Pls clarify

Thanks

Originally posted by usa_gcard
Hello all,

I am in India from the last 6 months. Does the consulate generally ask for latest paystubs for the CP interview ?

Pls clarify

Thanks

Chennai consulate does. What is your consulate?

Hi usa_gcard,

Generally consulates asks for the latest paystubs, and if you say that u taking vacation/staying in India, they might question about ur job, because no company gives any body for six months of vacation unless somehow u can show the consulate that ur working for them on a project based in India. U better check with ur company and if possible make arrangments to have some kind of pay stubs indicating they are paying while ur in India.

RKRedd

Originally posted by usa_gcard
Hello all,

Pls clarify

Thanks

question

so paystubs are used to verify job status right?

I got a raise bringing my pay to LC level, starting Sept, but I might leave before I get the paystub showing that pay in hand. the latest I might have is from Aug end. hence the question.

Hi
EVen i'm in the same boat, i'm in india from Feb 2002 and expecting interview in Oct'2002, Because of my wife pregnancy/health we had to come back to india during her 7th month that was in Feb. Now i have the latest pay stub of Jan,
I have a current bank balance of around $8000 from two banks, myself and my wife both of us have the employment notarised letter as even she was on a valid H1.

Please reply if i give the valid reason, show my pay stub of Jan and tax returns for the last two years including the one i received during march 2002 and show the balance of $8000. will that help or should i get anyother docs from my employer.

thanks

Re: question

Hi Manish_r0,

That's fine with the old pay stub and u can have some kind of proof about the pay increase(may be ur employer letter stating the increase), anyway ur GC is for future job, so that should be fine.

RKReddy

Originally posted by manish_r0
so paystubs are used to verify job status right?

I got a raise bringing my pay to LC level, starting Sept, but I might leave before I get the paystub showing that pay in hand. the latest I might have is from Aug end. hence the question.

Hi Sri20,

Ur's is really a rare instance. I think the bank balance is not important for the employement based GC interview. May be u should have some kind of proof that the employer who is sponsring ur GC should be givin u the job once u get the GC and also this is for the future job.

So maybe u should get atleast a latest notarized employer letter and have some kind of proof that ur required to stay in India for some medical reasons. and ur better of talking to a lawyer for a second opinion.

RKReddy

QUOTE]Originally posted by Sri20
Hi
EVen i'm in the same boat, i'm in india from Feb 2002 and expecting interview in Oct'2002, Because of my wife pregnancy/health we had to come back to india during her 7th month that was in Feb. Now i have the latest pay stub of Jan,
I have a current bank balance of around $8000 from two banks, myself and my wife both of us have the employment notarised letter as even she was on a valid H1.

Please reply if i give the valid reason, show my pay stub of Jan and tax returns for the last two years including the one i received during march 2002 and show the balance of $8000. will that help or should i get anyother docs from my employer.

thanks
[/QUOTE]

Re: Re: question

Originally posted by rkreddy
Hi Manish_r0,

That's fine with the old pay stub and u can have some kind of proof about the pay increase(may be ur employer letter stating the increase), anyway ur GC is for future job, so that should be fine.

RKReddy

thanks RK. the employer letter mentions the raised pay. In any case, the HR siad they shall make sure I have atleast one paystub with the new pay, so it should be okay.

Re: Re: Re: question

Then that should be fine. All the best.
RKReddy

Originally posted by manish_r0

thanks RK. the employer letter mentions the raised pay. In any case, the HR siad they shall make sure I have atleast one paystub with the new pay, so it should be okay.

My employer is sending the latest notarised letter of my employment sometime in sept last week as my interview possibly would be in oct. so should that be fine?

Yeah, that should be fine.

RKReddy

Originally posted by Sri20
My employer is sending the latest notarised letter of my employment sometime in sept last week as my interview possibly would be in oct. so should that be fine?

Sri20

Employment letter is valid only for 30days from the issued date, once your appointment schedule is confirmed, then aks your employer to generate a new employment letter.

Thanks Faizee

Thanks for the info, i'll make sure that i get the Letter of Employment accordingly , currently i'm expecting my interview during October last week so i would ask then to send it accordingly.

Thanks

Sri20

I think consulates may start scheduling appointments for october month. you can send mails to your consulate.