Question about my Interview

thunder1

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am new to the site (wish I found it earlier).
I just had my citizenship interview yesterday. I passed the test (civic, read/write). I went to Bloomington, MN office.
The officer was very young and there was another young lady sitting in the corner of the office observing the interview (maybe he was new?)

My interview timeline:

- We went over the application and his addition since I filed (I filed Dec 2007) - Outside of country vacation trip, Husband changed jobs, etc.
- I passed the test.
- I signed the paper where I confirmed the information was correct (my name, country, etc)
- He went to copy my 2007 tax return and told me "I will go copy these so just sit and relax"
- He came back and gave me the paper where he marked that I passed the test and will be notified by mail of USCIS decision.

He marked two things on the paper:
- You passed the tests of English, and U.S. history and government.
- USCIS will send you a written decision about your application.

That's where I didn't see that underneath there was an option to check "congratulations, you have been approved". I saw it when I was walking in the parking lot, but I wouldn't be able to get back into the building since I walked out.
I was all happy after the interview until I saw that one of the paragraphs on the letter that wasn't marked was:
"Congratulations! Your application is recommended for approval. At this time it appears you have stablished your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony"

So, now I am freaking out. What does that mean? I didn't think to ask him how long it would take to hear back from USCIS.

Can anyone please share their interview experience.
Also, how long did it take you to hear back from USCIS?

Any info would be much appreciated!
Thank You!

Hi All,

"Congratulations! Your application is recommended for approval. At this time it appears you have stablished your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony"
Thank You!

That is the same letter I got. My interview was the past Friday and I got that letter stapled with the oath letter.
So, I guess the IO who interviewed you was not a superior officer. But the "Congratulation, your application is recommended for approval" was selected for me too, eventhough the oath letter was handed out right after the interview.

Hi.
I didn't get an Oath letter. The only thing I got back was the paper that had these two things checked:
- You passed the tests of English, and U.S. history and government.
- USCIS will send you a written decision about your application.

Those were the only two things he marked with his red pen.

Not the "congratulations" which was listed below (but not marked on the paper he gave me).
That's why I am confused and worried. :(

Thank you but how you believe from his signature cause me also have same thing i passed. the test and uscis will send you written decision about your application ? Im reallly sad about my situation

Thank you but how you believe from his signature cause me also have same thing i passed. the test and uscis will send you written decision about your application ? Im reallly sad about my situation
Don’t stress about it, it’s pretty common, I got this too and got approval notice/oath ceremony scheduled less than a week later.

Don’t stress about it, it’s pretty common, I got this too and got approval notice/oath ceremony scheduled less than a week later.
Please you have same thing that uscis will send you written decision about your application not decision can not be made please really worried ?

Please you have same thing that uscis will send you written decision about your application not decision can not be made please really worried ?
Yes, that’s what I got - “decision cannot be made” - I asked the officer if something was wrong and she said it was quite normal and I should hear back within a week, and I did. I think maybe some officers are a bit junior and a supervisor has to approve the case too?

Yes, that’s what I got - “decision cannot be made” - I asked the officer if something was wrong and she said it was quite normal and I should hear back within a week, and I did. I think maybe some officers are a bit junior and a supervisor has to approve the case too?
Thank you but in my case not decision can not be made she didn't check that for me she checked uscis will send you written decision about your application for what i believe its different and stressful for me

Thank you but in my case not decision can not be made she didn't check that for me she checked uscis will send you written decision about your application for what i believe its different and stressful for me
I don’t think there is a difference, I got both checked