Question about local xfer message

randu2001

Registered Users (C)
My case was xferred to Newark local office, along with spouse's case. I got married 2 months after filing 485 and spouse case was filed 3 months after.

Online case status is slightly different than those posted in these forums. Will this would lead to an interview:

On May 8, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ for processing. Our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. To receive information about local office processing times.

In some posts, the message clearly says that local office will schedule an interview. In my online case status(posted above) it simply says xfered for processing. My concern/question is: Does this type of message means something different or is it just that BCIS re-phrased their xfer statement. I received the xfer notice from NSC yesterday and that also simply says, your case has been xferred to Newark office for speedy processing.

I called NCSC today:
Q. My case was xferred from Nebraska to Newark. What is the current processing time in Newark for I-485 applications ?
A. 8 months

Another question:

My case:
Medical done - Sep-01
FP done - Feb-02

Spouse case:
Medical done - Jan-02
FP done - May-02

What are the chances for Newark local office to ask of another Medical or FP, either for me or for my spouse ???