Question about Job change

writeface

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I quit my sponsoring employer and joined the client a month after my GC got approved (date of approval 8/02). I had been working at the client site as a contractor through my sponsoring employer and was pressured by the client to join them once my GC got approved. (Things were pretty bad then, if I had not joined the client as a full-time employee, my contract would have been terminated and that might have caused my employer to lay me off! In retrospect, that would've been a better option)

My sponsoring employer didn't mind my leaving them (I think originally the terms of contract between sponsoring employer and the client included an option to hire me (contract to hire)) There was no change in job responsibilities (title may have been slightly different).
Now I am considering applying for citizenship and would like your opinions how my situation would be considered by the interviewing officer. Other than offer letters, W2/tax-return I don't have any other documentation specifically for this. Unfortunately, the sponsoring employer has now been bought by a big company and many of my contacts have moved out. I am not sure
if I can obtain any documents (such as letter of termination) from them.

Thanks.

Joined client 9/02
GC Approval 8/02

I dont think it should be a problem at all, especialy since your job responsibilities were the same and you shall be covered under provisions of AC21 even if you did not inform CIS.

It is very rare that this issue ever even comes up during citizenship. Please do still update us here in the forum as many of us have the same concerns and as more cases from 2001+ come up for citizenship, we may all learn.

Thanks

Sun

interview update?

any inteview update ?
any questions about working for GC sponsor?
From your timeline I understand the GC sponsor-employer would be missing on your N400 application.

Last edited by a moderator: