Question about filling I-485

joekat

Registered Users (C)
First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Your posts in this forum are so infomative and valuable.

I am in the process of filling I-485 for myself. However, I got some questions and need your help from your previous experience.
My primary reference is from INS's web site at http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/services/RefAdjust/index.htm

1) I believe G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative is not needed if I fill I-485 myself, rihgt? Just want to make sure here.

2) On INS's web site, I-693 Medical with Vaccination Supplement is listed as necessary document. However in Gilbert's reply post in last month, he said "should not do your medical until told to do so". So, when should I fill I-693?

3) How can I get a Birth certificate? Should I get it through my home country or from some agency in US? What is the format of birth certificate?

4) What is I-602, Application by Refugee for Waiver on Grounds of Excludability for? In what case I should fill this form?

5) By what kind of document I can provide the evidence of one year physical presence? I am not employeed, no school, I live in friend's house, so no lease. What other document I can use? Can I use phone bill or credit card payment?

6) I was granted Asylee on January, 2002. I got married with my wife in US just before January. She was not in my originaly asylum application and her I 730 petition was approved in July 2002. Can my wife fill I-485 with me, or she has to wait till July next year?

Thanks for being patient to read this long. Your advise is greatly appreciated.

answers

1. yes
2.The instructions on the I-485 form tell you NOT to submit a medical form at the time of filing. That make a lot of sense. Your file will not be looked at for at least ten years, what is the point of having a medical now?
3. What do you mean by getting a BC here?
4. Use that form if you are considered "inadmissible" for having a serious medical condition (TB or HIV), committed a felony, engaged in terrorism, lied in previous immigration applications and so on. If this situation applies to you, you should retain a lawyer.
5. Ask people to sign a statement.
6. July 03

Happy Thansgiving to you too.

I-485 Application

Hi Guys!

I'm currently filling up I-485 application form. I have a few question. will be glad if anyone chould help.

1) What is the INS address that i have to send my application to?

2) How much is the application fees? $255 or $245?

3)Besides my asylum approval letter and Birth Cerificate, what other documents should i attach with the application?

4) Do i have to prove that i am in the unites states for the past 1 year?

5) Part 3 there was a space to fill up Nonimmigrant Visa Number..should i fill my Student visa number? I came to the unites states on a student visa before appying for asylum.

Thank you!