Question about duration stamped on I-94

Himanshu123

Registered Users (C)
I have an L1 B visa which expires on 1st August 2013. My employer will be filing for my H1B visa, which will only be valid from October 1st 2013. I would like to take a vacation during April, and I wanted to know when I arrive back in the US, what will be the duration of the time stamped on my I-94 card, as my visa would expire on Aug 1st.

Will I be able to legally stay in the country till the start of my new H1B visa on Oct 1st?

Your I-94 will depend on the validity of your L1B petition, not on the validity of your L1 visa. If your new I-94 us beyong Oct 2013, yes you will remain legal.

Who will determine the stamping date and what are the chances that it might be till Oct 2013 when my visa expires on 1st Aug?

'I-94 date will match the expiration date on I-797 L1 approval notice.'

I do not believe that is entirely accurate.
I re-entered US on Oct 2012, and the immigration officer stamped Oct 2015 on my I-94. (+3 years from the date of entry), even though my L1B visa expires in Aug 2013.
Is there a definitive way of telling what date the immigration officer stamp on my new I-94 when I re-enter US in May 2013?
(For L1B visas, I've heard its generally 3 years from the date of entry, but just wanted to confirm on this forum)

'I-94 date will match the expiration date on I-797 L1 approval notice.'

I do not believe that is entirely accurate.
I re-entered US on Oct 2012, and the immigration officer stamped Oct 2015 on my I-94. (+3 years from the date of entry), even though my L1B visa expires in Aug 2013.
Is there a definitive way of telling what date the immigration officer stamp on my new I-94 when I re-enter US in May 2013?
(For L1B visas, I've heard its generally 3 years from the date of entry, but just wanted to confirm on this forum)

You are confusing the date on your visa sticker with date on I-797 approval notice. Date on the visa sticker has NO relationship to the date stamped on your I-94. What is the date on your I-797 approval notice?

My I-797 Approval Notice says

Blanket Petition LZ
Valid from 06/07/2007
Petition Valid Indefinitely

hi himanshu, did you get any responses? I'm in similar situation and would help appreciate your sharing your responses.

Thanks
Sam