Question about Countries visited in N-400 Application

csFor2007

Hi,
When visiting India few years back, we were given transit visa (due to flight delays) as the wait time was 9 hours.
It was stamped in the passport. (entry/exit on the same day)
The total duration , we were outside US was 29 days in that trip. Do we need to mention the other country also (where we stayed in hotel for 9 hrs) in N-400 application form? OR as it is only transit, India enough?

Any suggestions?

Any exits out of the US with a return in less than 24hrs (say to Mexico or Canada for 1 day or less) do NOT need to be listed. Hence I'm "Assuming" that a less than 24hr stop somewhere would not have to be mentioned as well... But why not mention just to be safe?

You don't need to list in-transit countries where you didn't leave the airport.

But you left the airport to stay in a hotel, so you would have to list it ... except that your stay was only 9 hours. If you went directly from the US to that country, stayed for 9 hours, then returned directly to the US all within 24 hours (I'm not sure if that's physically possible for that particular country, I'm just giving an example for argument's sake), you wouldn't have to list it. Logically it would seem you don't need to list it. But unless it's a contentious country like Cuba or Pakistan or Iran, there's no harm in listing it anyway.

Remember you don't list individual countries on a separate line in the N-400 travel history, you just list all countries visited on the trip on the same line (a "trip" starts from your exit from the US and ends with your reentry to the US), separated by commas.

Question about Countries visited in N-400 Application

Thanks alot chico74 and jackolatern.

Appreciate your responses