Question about concurrent filing

alvin

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends,

I have a question regarding concurrent filing:
Does AP+EAD application has to be filed along I-140 and I-485 to make the case a concurrent one, or filing I-140 and I-485 together is enough.

I want to apply for EAD and AP my self after geting Reciept for I-140/I-485.

also, is it advisable to get the Medicals, FingerPrintig etc done before filing I-485, just to save some time later.

Please suggest.

Thanks and as always appreciate your help.

-al

Filing the I-140 and I-485 together at the same makes it a concurrent filing. I would put in for advance parol and EAD at the same time. You can do these yourself and file with your other applications.It takes awhile to get these anyways. Medicals you can do before hand and submit with you I-485. As for fingerprinting they tell you when to do them. You have no control over this. It takes around 6 months or so till you get issued a notice to appear for fingerprinting.

Last edited by a moderator:
re: No to "Lawyer"

Thanks for your replies guys ! much obliged.

One more question (does it ever end ? )
Just wanted to know, what you guys think/feel about applying I-140 and I-485 on your own (company and you) without the help of the LAWYER.
We have used immigration lawyers at different stages for different cases (h1, h4, labor, gc etc) but are not really happy with the way they work (at least the one we used)
I have nothing against lawyers in general, The 5 or 6 we used, just acted as some kind of form filling, courier service. One of them even forgot to sign G-28 couple of times and we got RFE for that.

We have paid the immigration lawyer already during the LC stage, so it is not a question of money, it is a question of "TIME" and getting things done correctly.
After spending more than 3 years in the GC process, I think, we pretty much know what's needed and my employer is in complete agreement with me.

We have decided to take this big step, and do it, on our own, after all the forms are in English, the instructions are there, this community with so many experienced people are there, I really don't think we need a lawyer. We might get RFEs etc, but that would happen anyways. At least we will be in control of the process and know what to do when.

So, we are doing it…..

Why the heck do I want the whole world to know about it ?? Just want your suggestions, your thoughts and some "Good wishes"
Hey, after all, we are in the same boat, more or less.

Please reply when you get a moment and let me know, if we are not planning a "suicide" here. :eek: :eek:

Thanks guys, as always, appreciate your time.

All the Best to All.

grunggy said:
No it is not a must to file medicals at time of I-485.
I did not.