Question about 140/485 concurrent filing

nellorian

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My ND & RD are 12/15/2003.
LIN0405152xxx

EAD & AP approved on 01/26/04

Will my case fall under the new category ? Some are saying that they will stop clearing 140 until 485 is ready. Some said that the new rule applies only to those who filed after apr 30' 04.

Thanks,
Nellorian.

nellorian,

These are still early days, so no one can give a difinite anwer till we start seein the actual results. But from whatever I have learnt from discussions and lawyers intepretations, your case will fall under the new category so "I140 will not be adjudicated till 485 is ready for adjudication".

Hi Sertra,

Thanks for your response. This will be a good news for those who has a long term project and who work for desi employers. For others with short term assignment, will be the bad news.

--nellorian

nellorian said:
Hi All,

My ND & RD are 12/15/2003.
LIN0405152xxx

EAD & AP approved on 01/26/04

Will my case fall under the new category ? Some are saying that they will stop clearing 140 until 485 is ready. Some said that the new rule applies only to those who filed after apr 30' 04.

Thanks,
Nellorian.

Changes due to Ohata Memo will apply to all pending cases and not after a particular date.

What is the Ohata Memo? I dont know what it is. Can somebody please tell me about it.

Thanks,