Query : N400 Mailing address

uschap

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Thank you for all the inputs here.. I have a question regarding the mailing address in the N400 form..

I am applying for citizenship soon and I see on the N400 form there are 2 addresses.. 1. your present address 2. the mailing address

My lease for my apartment ends in June and they are not willing to extent it.. Which means I would need to update or chaneg my address in June..( i beleive this may delay the process again).

Can i give my friends address as the mailing address and put him as care of.. He is not planning to move for another year or so... Any issues or drawbacks on it? Anyone has any experience ? please advice..

Thanks ..

UC

N400 App address

I believe you can give your friend's home address. At the first stage I don't think they do any checks. I was asked for correctness of address during FP. You can correct the address at that time. Please check with the customer service before you do it though to be sure.

You shouldn't be delayed while moving assuming you only move locally; i.e. within the jurisdiction of the same DO. Don't forget to send AR-11 and call the 800 number to update your address.

Hi All,

Thank you for all the inputs here.. I have a question regarding the mailing address in the N400 form..

I am applying for citizenship soon and I see on the N400 form there are 2 addresses.. 1. your present address 2. the mailing address

My lease for my apartment ends in June and they are not willing to extent it.. Which means I would need to update or chaneg my address in June..( i beleive this may delay the process again).

Can i give my friends address as the mailing address and put him as care of.. He is not planning to move for another year or so... Any issues or drawbacks on it? Anyone has any experience ? please advice..

Thanks ..

UC

No, use your current address. When you eventually change your address, update it by calling the 800 number as well as filling an AR-11. Remember, you need to do both because just filing AR-11 does not change address corresponding to a pending application. That's why you need to call.