Query in I 485 - W2/Pay Stub

nnigam

Registered Users (C)
Recently I found in forum that we may have RFE relevant to W2s/Pay Stub. My Questions are as below,

1. What are the chances to have RFE relevant to W2/Pay Stub in 485?

2. See this scenario - One is on H1B with 55k. (Has W2 of 40K coz of leave etc.). He has been filed for GC (LC with 83K approved, I 140 approved) and is now in 485 stage.

He is getting 55K w2 but in LC it is 83K (Since GC is for future requirement ).
Does showing W2 less than that create a problem?
If so what should he do?

3. Some of us got query to produce all paystub after last lawful entry.
How is it possible for everybody to keep all pay stub?
If we don't. What should we do?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ND - 5/30/03
RFE - NIL
FP - NIL
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1. RFEs on employment verification are fairly common. I don't have statisitcs on W2 requests. Mine simply asked for verification.

2. If the salary is genuine, try inlcuding a letter from the company along with the explanation provided.

3. My employers paystubs include YTD pay. That may be sufficient. Again, attaching a letter from the employer may help. Another option is to see if the employer can provide copies of the pays stub.

Finally, once you collect as much information as possible, consulting a lawyer may help especially if the case isn't straight forward.

rgds,
sadiq

I had a similar question and talked to my lawyer regarding this a couple of months ago. This is the answer I got from his office.

"Hi, the labor certification salary has to be paid upon your I-485 approval.It is ok if you are currently paid less than that. You need not show that you are being paid the labor certification salary currently. "

I did get an employment RFE but I was asked only to submit a letter from the current employer describing the profferred position and proferred wage.

So, I guess you are ok....but I would consult my lawyer to double check.

cmr

I am in the same situation.
My H1 was on LC at 60K. LC for GC applied at 60K but after questions approved at 83K. Since GC is for future employement, I am not loosing courage. I would like to see some concrete evidence that LC for GC is no way related to present salary.

Mine is the same case.

H1b - 55K
Employer decided to apply for LC for my GC with 55K but due to lawyer's suggestions changed it to 83K (EB2).

I hope, 55K W2 will not create a problem.

But I am worried about all the pay stubs after last lawful entry. :confused:

Just waiting......
:eek: