Querry by INS in I-140 processing and time frame

AnuD

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 was filed sometime first week of November 2001. While checking on phone by receipt#, I found response mailed by INS in Feb. The attorneys\' office says that it was querry asking confirmation / verification, without giving me what the querry was and say they have forwarded the required information.
My points are - what could be the querry about ? In I-140, I don\'t submit much information. What is the confirmation / verification INS could be asking for I-140 ? Secondly, What is the timeframe for the processing when the querry is answered ?

My H1B expires June 2002. What is my situation in case my I-140 is not through before that ? What is my situation and what are my options in this scenario ?

Thanks

I\'m guessing, but . . .

Most likely is that INS is requestingproof of the employer\'s ability to pay the offered wage. Timeframe could be anything from a couple weeks to many months. It depends on the type of RFE, the strength of the response, the service center, and the offier handling the case.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702
http://www.geocities.com/jamesdmillsesq/

No Title

The case is filed in EB2 category from Nebraska Center - in RIR category. What do you mean by thpe of RFE ? The company just said that it was RFE and attorney\'s office is taking care of it and if it would have called for additional information, they would have asked for it. So, company people are not giving complete info. Also, I have one point - if I-140 has been filed but not yet through and in case my six years\' limit of visa gets over, do I have to leave the country ? Can the explanation/clarification for the querry be denied ? and in that case what is my status ? I am just trying to see what is my status.