Qs re Fingerprinting - Can I just walk in the Newark NJ Office?

lily06

Registered Users (C)
Fingerprinting delay- Can I just walk in the Newark NJ Office?

My fingerprinting is severely delayed. Notice date on the I-485, I765 and I130 are Aug 23rd 2005. AP was approved in October, but I still haven't been scheduled for fingerprinting and biometrics.

My AOS interview is coming in less than a month and I suddenly realized that I haven't done this step (thanks to the many posting here which shows biometrics should be done before the interview). I scheduled an Infopass to meet the officers in Newark office on 970 Broad St, but after two hours waiting, I was only told to call the 1800 number. That Newark site does not do fingerprinting for my PR purposes, so I walked to the one on Commerce Street. Unfortunately it was closed for Monday. I wasted all morning!

Is anybody here familiar with the Newark INS facility which does fingerprinting? Can I just walk in and ask for fingerprinting without waiting for the letter that could have been lost in the delivery?

Last edited by a moderator:
lily06 said:
My fingerprinting is severely delayed. Notice date on the I-485, I765 and I130 are Aug 23rd 2005. AP was approved in October, but I still haven't been scheduled for fingerprinting and biometrics.

My AOS interview is coming in less than a month and I suddenly realized that I haven't done this step (thanks to the many posting here which shows biometrics should be done before the interview). I scheduled an Infopass to meet the officers in Newark office on 970 Broad St, but after two hours waiting, I was only told to call the 1800 number. That Newark site does not do fingerprinting for my PR purposes, so I walked to the one on Commerce Street. Unfortunately it was closed for Monday. I wasted all morning!

Is anybody here familiar with the Newark INS facility which does fingerprinting? Can I just walk in and ask for fingerprinting without waiting for the letter that could have been lost in the delivery?

Lily -
Are you still visiting this forum?

We are in the same boat. No FP notice from Newark, almost 2 months from filing I-485. I've also made an InfoPass appt for next week - but from your post Newark InfoPass @ DO seems to be useless, b'cos ASC is in a different location.

Did you manage to do a walk-in at Commerce Street location after all?
Can you please update what happened with your case? Did you manage to get FPed before Interview? Please post your experience. Thanks.