publications: how to make it stronger?

farhome

Registered Users (C)
I have 7 Journal papers and 19 conference papers, and totally 20 citations. There are two options to list them (for NIW).

Option#1: list only the 7 journal papers, such that the number is lower but the overall citation rate (20/7)is higher.

Option#2: list all the papers, such that the numbe is higher but the overall citation rate (20/26) is lower.

I kind of hate to list those conference papers since most of them are similar, even the paper titles, and just make peopel dizzy.

What are your opinions, to make the case strong? (
I have searched this forum but with no answers.)

Thanks.

farhome said:
I have 7 Journal papers and 19 conference papers, and totally 20 citations. There are two options to list them (for NIW).

Option#1: list only the 7 journal papers, such that the number is lower but the overall citation rate (20/7)is higher.

Option#2: list all the papers, such that the numbe is higher but the overall citation rate (20/26) is lower.

I kind of hate to list those conference papers since most of them are similar, even the paper titles, and just make peopel dizzy.

Thanks.

I dont think similar titles should be so much of a problem if the conferences are very different. I too have couple of examples like that but 1 conference was in Denver and the other in Venice, Italy.

farhome said:

Thanks.
farhome, I also have quite similar situation as yours. I am planning to include all the papers. In the begining of each paper, I am putting a covering page describing the importance of the work as well as the journal. With these papers I am also planning to include the front few pages of journals and details about the conference.
As far as citation is concerned, I am planning to list all the papers which cite my work. In these papers I am highlighting the portions where authors have mentioned my name or my work.
If you have any more idea about making things better, please share with me.

trojanblue and gerd35,

Thanks for sharing your opinions. I agree with trojanblue
since there is difference between conferences and it then reflects impact.

I'll then list all the publications and basically do the same way as gerd35.

Good luck to us all.