PT license..Please help!! Thanks!

yooyoo

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
I'm so happy I found this forum. Sincerely hopes someone will help me!
I graduated from a master program this Spring and I'm trying to apply CA PT license. But..the problem is my OPT will expire next Feb. I've applied FCCPT and will take TSE exam in 2 weeks. If I can't pass TSE soon or there're more courses required, I won't be able to use my OPT to work here because I heard that FCCPT needs 4-6 months to process. Then all my hard work during this year will be in vain...

Because I'm not even the applicant status, nobody wants to interview with me. Does anybody have any suggestions? I was thinking to apply another credential evaluation (the Josef evaluation) because it only takes 10 days and cost $300. By this way, I'll probably be qualified as PT applicant status early. But I still need the visascreen for H1 or green card, right?

Thanks very much if anybody could give any advise!! I've been struggling in US for a long time!!
Yooyoo

re

Hi,
Please read page 17 of this PDF attachement it will answer manny of your questions
http://shusterman.com/pdf/343finalregs.pdf

my wife recieved her Visa Screen certificate within 6 weeks of completing her application from FCCPT .you can also request them they will help you out if you need it faster after competing you application.

Hope this helps.

All the best

Timetraveller

Hi Timetraveller,
I really appreciate your help!! I read the document and the only thing new to me is that they said "Aliens who have graduated from a college, university, or professional training school located in Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, or the United States are exampt from English language requirments"

I just wrote to FCCPT to see if I'm qualified for the exemption because I graduated from a master program in US. Do you know the answer? I guess this is the only way I can make it faster; otherwise I may need to apply for another evaluation services.

I wish you all the best in the future too
yooyoo

hello,
i got english requirements waiver with ichp(icd) since i completed my masters here in u.s

hope it is of any help
anu

Thansk everyone..
But I just got the reply from FCCPT today. They told me I must take the TOEFL, TWE and TSE English proficiency exams because my first professional degree was obtained in a different country other than Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, U.K. or U.S.

I think CGFNS and FCCPT are the only organizations that PT can apply for visascreens, right?

Yoo

You can try applying to CGFNS. Make sure you specify your Maters degree as the professional degree not your undergrad degree.