prospective J1 participant, have question

Hi, There everybody,

i find this website very useful and the members are very expert.

i have found my sponsor in virginia and he has started processing my DS2019
and within short time i will getting my Sevis fee receipt and DS2019 form through conulting agency, who is doing all for me.

purpose of my J1 is that i will be trainee at the Hotel in virginia for 18 months in rooms division with in the Hotel .

i am resident of 18 india. currently in India.

i have come across issue related to J1 about 2HRR

(1) do you think i will be subject to 2 HRR, if no then well and good, but if yes

i am able to start some process of Getting NOL from authorities here in India. like just visiting those authorities and explaining my situation, that i might need those NOL,

(2)which different authorities i need to consider in getting NOL ?

(3)also what are the points i must consider while appering for visa interview ?
like some specific answer to question asked by interviewer.
(4) also other guidance from you guys will be helpful

i am new member here, your help will be highly appreciated.

thanks

Hi Aminswiss,
I have a similar case. I got into a training program in the hospitality industry for a 18 months period and got my j1 visa without the HRR. Because the whole paper work was funded by me and plus the hotel will pay me a salary for the amount work I will perform.
I got my visa in Paris, France, however, I am not a French citizen, and I am originally from Central Asia. I have a permanent residence in France, which made me eligible to apply here, plus, I am a spouse of a European citizen. Probably if I had applied for a visa in my home born country I would have had HHR, because of economical and political situation. So the answer all depends on a consul, where you are from applying.

I can’t comment on the rest of your questions since I am not aware.

Hi, Lolahon,

thank you so much brother, i really understand that it depends on consulate to decided about 2 Year HRR.

I am having the same programe as you, as myself and my Hotel is going to fund this training program.

where about you going to go in America ? and which agency did you apply for your training program

thanks very much

From

Amin

Hi again,

I am going to Miami, FL. My sponsor who did all the paperwork is Intrax Training Program.

And you? Did you get your visa yet?

Lola.