Pros and Cons of Going for AC-140

meetmano

Registered Users (C)
Guys

My notification date 140/485 EB2 is 12/31/03. I am expecting my 140 to be cleared in couple of months time. Well I am anyway planning ot go to India in this December. So this thought poped up."Why can't I go for AC-140"..

Before going any further i would like to inform that Incase I am going for this , I will be going to the dreaded "MADRAS" counsulate..!!!!! :eek:

Well What are the advantaged and dis advantages of going for this? One thing I know that if your application got rejected, then your H1B will also get rejected and you are stuck in India. But what are the chances of my application getting rejected?????
I did my masters in computers and have 8 yeasr of experience (5-US)

Please guys those who have already gone for AC-140 and those who are planning to go or those who have more information on this, please help me...Is it a good idea????????????????? :rolleyes:

Man

I found the following msg from Murthy.com chat archives:

ritzi : After filing for I-485 can one go for AC-140 and what are the steps involved

SPEAKER_Attorney_Murthy : Not sure what you mean by AC 140? Please use standard abbreviations or spell out the terms. If you are referring to consular processing or CP, then a person is no longer allowed to process both according to both the INS and the State Dept. though one could try if one is willing to give up I-485 processing.

meetmano said:
Guys

My notification date 140/485 EB2 is 12/31/03. I am expecting my 140 to be cleared in couple of months time. Well I am anyway planning ot go to India in this December. So this thought poped up."Why can't I go for AC-140"..

Before going any further i would like to inform that Incase I am going for this , I will be going to the dreaded "MADRAS" counsulate..!!!!! :eek:

Well What are the advantaged and dis advantages of going for this? One thing I know that if your application got rejected, then your H1B will also get rejected and you are stuck in India. But what are the chances of my application getting rejected?????
I did my masters in computers and have 8 yeasr of experience (5-US)

Please guys those who have already gone for AC-140 and those who are planning to go or those who have more information on this, please help me...Is it a good idea????????????????? :rolleyes:

Man

Chennai is not dreaded one. At least for employment related cases I have never heard case rejections. Unless you have any issue like out of status or any thing fraudulent you need not worry.

But I heard that Chennai will not accept AC-140 cases. You can do AC-140 at Bombay. Go the CP forum there is lot of information their