Proof of Non citizenship to a diplomatic child

MMSaf

Hi.
I was born in the US back in 1980. At the time my father entered the States with a diplomatic visa.
FastForward in 2005 I applied for a US passport and was rejected because of my father's visa status at the time of my birth.
Now every time I try to open a bank account in my country, I am asked to prove that I am not a US Citizen as it's written on my papers that I was born in the US.
How can I obtain such a proof? I did contact the US embassy here and they said that they cannot help regarding that issue.

Kindly advise on who should I contact or what should I do to obtain this proof. Does this kind of proof exist in the first place?

As far as I'm aware, there is no formal certificate of non-citizenship, so to speak, available to people in your circumstances. I would suggest you apply for some benefit for which only US citizens are eligible. In rejecting your application, the agency responsible will be required to give reasons for its rejection. You can then use those reasons as the proof you're looking for. For example, you could re-apply for a US passport and use the letter rejecting your application as proof that you are not a citizen (assuming the letter confirms that, which it should).

Alternatively, you could apply for a US visa for your passport of nationality, or enter the US under the visa waiver program (in which case you would receive stamps in your passport indicating your required date of departure). Since only non-citizens are eligible for visas or to enter under the visa waiver program, your passport would then also provide proof that you are not a citizen.