Proof of funds at landing

ankit20

Registered Users (C)
I will be landing in Canada from the US ( I am a US resident) through air next week and want to know if carrying proof of funds though a US bank statement is enough or do I have to carry cashiers checks?

Also, I would come back in 2 days and would need to reenter through air in another 2 weeks. Since my PR card would not have arrived till then, is my only option going to the Canadian Consulate in US and getting a document from them or I get some kind of document at the port of entry itself. Thanks in advance.

ankit20 said:
I will be landing in Canada from the US ( I am a US resident) through air next week and want to know if carrying proof of funds though a US bank statement is enough or do I have to carry cashiers checks?

Also, I would come back in 2 days and would need to reenter through air in another 2 weeks. Since my PR card would not have arrived till then, is my only option going to the Canadian Consulate in US and getting a document from them or I get some kind of document at the port of entry itself. Thanks in advance.

Cashiers check is a safe bet for the amount shown in information bulletin - and yes - as per CIC web site the returning resident permit from consulate is required else air carrier wont board you without a PR card.