Promotion to a similar job in the same company

dinosaur

Registered Users (C)
I have my I 485 on file in Vermont (since 2 months). Now I have been offered a position (promotion) from a Program Manager to a Manager - job description is the same, just that the Manager position needs two more years of experience. My attorney says that if the company is OK with the job change and can say that this is the same job that has the same terms and conditions, it should be alright - if not I need to wait for at least 180 days after my RD to do the job change. Can the gurus help in letting me know what they think and if there are any things I or my company need to take care of so that my GC is not impacted? Thanks

As long as your company did it as an interna change

I used RIR (fixed income analyst) to apply for my green card, but I\'m actually a programmer. My company eventually change my job title to "senior programmer" internally (my business card said senior programmer) but never updated INS for the job change. If INS requests emp letter, my HR manager said she will use FI analyst on the letter. It really depends on how flexible your company is.