Project "OCEAN" - Action Team

Edison

Registered Users (C)

Please follow the below mentioned thread and participate actively

Who want to be part of action team

Please fax the attached petition to your local Congressional office with your Name, Signature and Address

Last edited by a moderator:
Strategy for Project "OCEAN"

Strategy for Project "OCEAN"

1. Team:
a. Organizing ourselves as team is good, since our efforts can be documented and centralized.
b. Each team should have representation from all service centers, so that we'll have balanced team.
c. Let us not try to spend too much time to define roles or team lead, since Coordination team should take lead of all our efforts.
d. Teams should be based on the individual interest, skills, location ....
Petition development team should have people good with writing skills, Consultation team should have people living close to USCIS service centers, Publicity team should have people with good communication skills,.....

2. Petition:
a. I contacted Sulekha.com regarding hosting our petition there. If I don't hear from them shortly, I'll follow up with them (first e-mail and call them over phone).
b. Next we should plan to Contact USCIS directors of all service centers, not one at a time since it will be handled by members living close to service center. Let us not waste too much time to contact USCIS officials.
c. Next comes our main strategy link. We should plan to contact all House of representatives, we need at least(!!!!) 435 active member. We should discuss with them about GC and Citizenship issues. We should document all these personal visits, so we should establish a spread sheet.
Let us try not to invent wheel by writing one more petition and wasting some more time. I accept we need better write up but we can handle that parallely.
d. Publish our Petition using News Distribution service like Business Wire and Internet News Bureau. We can target National Media,Goverment and Ethnic groups. For this we have to spend some money.
There are some free news distribution service(PRWeb), I'll post our petition there but it might not reach lot of people.
e. Next should be lobbying congress. We need to hire strategist, for this we have to spend some money.
Now, I'm in the process of contacting Ethnic Lobbying groups and Republicans Lobbying groups.

3. Class action law suit if nothing works

Please remember when AC21 bill was passed. President signed that bill in October 2000 just before election. So we should act immediately to contact our local Congressional office and move forward accordingly.

Please do not post your comments here. Please follow the below mentioned thread, post your comments there and participate actively

Who want to be part of action team