Progressive exp letter evaluation for EB2

ramayya

Registered Users (C)
When I joined my company in 2001, the position I joined in required Bachelors with 2 years exp. So they filed my LC in April 2004 in EB3.

I had Bachelors with about 5 yrs and 7 months exp, before I joined this company in 2001. Now they have a substitute labor EB2, which they can use for me provided i give them progressive experience letters and some agency evaluates it.

My experience letters from previous companies, doesn't state that this position is progressive. Do you know of any formats for such letters? (to send to my previous employers) Also do any of you have any experiences in this and can you let me know what it is?

Who will evaluate the progressive exp. letters? Is it the INS or any external agency? What do they look for?, when do they evaluate? Any tips?

More information on this is appreciated?

Thank you
Ram

Who will evaluate the progressive exp. letters? Is it the INS or any external agency?
-- It will be an external agency like www.aets.com, www.mside.com ...

What do they look for?, when do they evaluate? Any tips?
In my own experience if you provide experience letters to the Agency, they will use that word "PROGRESSIVE" to indicate that you had continuous experience and they certify you that you had eqvivalency to US Bachelors degree.

You by yourself can have the evaluation done (both for educational and professional experience), you may need it when your I140 is submitted , but generally companies use the same evaluation which they have used while applying for your H1B, but INS may comeup with an RFE when they process your 140 and may ask for fresh evaluation .
This advise is based on my personal experience only.

Thank you for the reply.

Do you know how M.S> in computer Information systems is different from M.S> in Computer science or Computer Science and Engg.

I was evaluated as M.S. in Computer Information systems, but I don't understand why it is not CSE or Comp science, as my B.E. was in CSE and all my experience was in software engg related.

Progressive experience letter

GC_Nirvana, ramayya and others,

Please help.
I have Bachelors degree (4 years in India) plus 5 years experience.
filed in EB2.
My 140 is denied.
reason is " the letters i provided did not mention any progressive experience and also they were not on company's letter head and from co-workers"

I provided an affidavit from co-worker notarized. This did not say anything about progressive.

My attorney said, we can file MTR(motion to reopen) if we have experience letter from previous companies showing progressive experience on letterhead.

Could you guys help me what is best for me to do.

Is there any format for progressive experience letter?
can you guys suggest how to prepare that?
Also, do I need to get a evaluation done by any agency showing that my experience is progressive. What all documents I need for that?
Is it good to do evaluation or just progressive experience letter is enough?

Please advise. Its urgent
Thanks for your help
-M

In my husband's experience letters there was just one sentence about progressive experience. We followed the following format in all letters:

[THE FOLLOWING DRAFT LETTER IS A SUGGESTED FORMAT FOR YOUR PRIOR EMPLOYER VERIFICATION LETTERS. IT SHOULD BE USED AS A GUIDE ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY AS AN IDENTICAL FORMAT BY ALL YOUR PRIOR EMPLOYERS.]

[TYPE ON COMPANY LETTERHEAD]

To whom it may concern:

Mr./Ms. [fill in name] was employed [insert “full time” or part time and the number of hours worked per week] as a [job title] at [name of company] from [date-date]. During his/her professional career within our organization, Mr./Ms. [fill in name] has progressed in technical expertise, experience and professional contributions.

When he/she joined our organization, Mr./Ms. [fill in name]’s technical skills encompassed [fill in technical skills as listed on your PERM Form as appropriate]. As a [job title], he/she was responsible for [specify duties including those listed on your PERM Form as appropriate]. He/she gained expertise in [fill in technical skill sets]. He/she was given more complex duties [specify how job duties advanced and specify new titles, if any].

[Please briefly describe an example of project(s) you worked on; specify the skill sets utilized and any advancement or increase in job duties and responsibilities].

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Very truly yours,

Authorized Signature

Name/Title

Hope this helps.

Thanks and I have a question

Thanks unsure.Your format looks very good. I will take this as base and proceed. I have a question.

In the following sentence, technical skills are mentioned in 2 places and duties are mentioned in 2 places.

1st is what skills I had while joining
2nd is what all technical skills i gained expertise on while in the organization.
Does these can be same?
i.e. I have experience on Java, J2EE. So, can I mention that I already had java j2ee skills when I joined and I also gained experience on this while in the company?
or do I have to mention different skills in both places.?

When he/she joined our organization, Mr./Ms. [fill in name]’s technical skills encompassed [fill in technical skills as listed on your PERM Form as appropriate]. As a [job title], he/she was responsible for [specify duties including those listed on your PERM Form as appropriate]. He/she gained expertise in [fill in technical skill sets]. He/she was given more complex duties [specify how job duties advanced and specify new titles, if any].

Could you please clarify.

I Appreciate your help

Thanks
-M

Good question :)

We could not follow this template completely, so in the final letters we ended up with just the second part:

As [ Job Title] [Full Name] duties included:

[Copy itemized duties from PERM]

He was given more complex duties [ specify] and progressed in expertise and experience.

We also added a sentence before that what the company did - very brief.

It is up to you how you write it as I was told, just the "progressed in expertise" should be there.

Wow... I'm surprised someone would file with affidavits not-on-letterhead and co-workers - 2 big "NO-NO's" !!
The letters must be on letterhead - they must be issued by someone who supervised you or from an HR person. They should discuss the dates from/to you worked and contain details about your job title and job description.
An example of progressive experience for an IT position would be starting out as a Software Trainee, then becoming a Jr. Programmer, then a Programmer Analyst, then a Sr. Software Engineer, then a Project Manager - do you see how this shows you are progressively moving up in the field?

GC_Nirvana, ramayya and others,

Please help.
I have Bachelors degree (4 years in India) plus 5 years experience.
filed in EB2.
My 140 is denied.
reason is " the letters i provided did not mention any progressive experience and also they were not on company's letter head and from co-workers"

I provided an affidavit from co-worker notarized. This did not say anything about progressive.

My attorney said, we can file MTR(motion to reopen) if we have experience letter from previous companies showing progressive experience on letterhead.

Could you guys help me what is best for me to do.

Is there any format for progressive experience letter?
can you guys suggest how to prepare that?
Also, do I need to get a evaluation done by any agency showing that my experience is progressive. What all documents I need for that?
Is it good to do evaluation or just progressive experience letter is enough?

Please advise. Its urgent
Thanks for your help
-M

Thanks

Thanks st4rguitar and unsure.

I provided now experience letters which clearly state the same you guys told.
My lawyer is going to file MTR.

Let me pray GOD and wait.

Thanks for all your help
-M

Receipt

Hi guys
I sent the documents to my attorney and he said he will file the MTR.
Now, what should I expect and when?
I mean, will i get a new receipt number for MTR? if so when?
will there be any changes in my original case status?
approx. when they will start processing my MTR?

ur help is appreciated

Thanks
-M

Thanks

Thanks unsure, st4rguitar and manwithnoname for your advice and help.

I saw the case status for 140 as approved today. There is no change in the MTR 290B case status though. That still shows pending.
Can anyone advise if it is ok?
why 290B status is still showing pending?

Also, since my 140 was earlier denied for the reason of my experience not enough for EB2, I asked my attorney to file a labor in EB3. For which he started the advertisement processes and planning to file labor PERM next week.
Now, can I still go ahead and file the EB3 case? or no need to file that? I mean, is there any good advantage in filing that EB3 labor? or will it create more problem since my 140 is already approved?
I guess my company has already paid the fees to attorney. Any advise please?