Processing times

Which one should we believe?

When I was filing I saw in a web site that someone had gotten his citizenship in Milwaukee in 60 days!. My notice letter said it would take 60 to 90 days. My online status says 370 to 385 days.
The new timeline for Milwaukee based on USCIS says they are processing June 2002 which is over 410 days! Some lawyers websites estimates the time as 180 days.

So what I hear is anytime between 60 to 410 days. Based on this data N-400 should take ~ 230 days give or take a couple of years :D

Im my husband's case-

The receipt notice said it would take 365 days(he filed in April'03), online status is showing 750-999 days and in the USCIS it says they are processing July 2002 for Memphis from where he filed and then he moved to Boston in Sept'03..

Just can't believe which one is true...and it so frustrating..

Informed the change of address immediately in Sept'03 to USCIS, have not received the change of address notice for his N400 but received the change of address notice for my I130 that he filed in March'01. He has still not received FP notice too.. it is about 7 months since he filed N400.

Re: Which one should we believe?

Originally posted by eric711
When I was filing I saw in a web site that someone had gotten his citizenship in Milwaukee in 60 days!. My notice letter said it would take 60 to 90 days. My online status says 370 to 385 days.
The new timeline for Milwaukee based on USCIS says they are processing June 2002 which is over 410 days! Some lawyers websites estimates the time as 180 days.

So what I hear is anytime between 60 to 410 days. Based on this data N-400 should take ~ 230 days give or take a couple of years :D

You got it Eric! Another piece of inaccurate, worthless information.:mad:

This is another cruel joke by INS (or whatever they are now). It has been more than 19 months since I applied for my naturalization and I am still waiting for my oath to happen. The official site suggests that the whole process should be completed within 15 months or less in Detroit where I had filed

I have relative who has been waiting for her I-485 to be approved since Aug 2002 (also in Detroit), but the web page says they are processing applications recieved in July 2003!! Ha ha....

I would really not take these times to heart..... Imagine if a few months from now the dates dont change but they say 'its updated' :eek:

Unbelievable. When I filed they told me it is going to take 6 months. Now, a year has passed. And am still waiting for my Oath.

Is it true that the fingerprints check expires after 15 months? And if they do they call you in for another interview.

i filed N 400 20 months back and interviewed more than 4 months ago.. passed every thing... no oath as of yet. bcis 1 800 number told me the total time for my area is 12 months from filing to swearing in oath.....BUT my local office tell me to wait atleast 9 months for oath after interview...

makes sense.?

beanzz

any news from USCIS buddy?

plz keep us posted . we both from NY and waiting for oath for more than 4 months , looks like oath ceremonies in NY are halted .or there is big back log or something.

any one has idea of time for re-enrty

does anyone has any experiance as how much time it takes to get a re-entry permit?

site says upto 1-1 1/2 year.they are processing july 2002 cases

Forget abot these

These times are as bad as AILA's estimates or any other guess.

Again, INS wasted taxpayer's money! What good is it that they use the latest and coolest technology (the internet) if the information we're getting are incorrect?
It looks good on the report card! "Hey Boss, look how big of a progress we made! We display processing times ONLINE!. Are we a great govt. agency or what? It should give us another reason to change our name!". Yeah!:rolleyes:

No matter how they post those times, they can use telepathy for I care.

Personally, I don't believe there is anyone on this earth who knows how long is the processing for certain petitions. Too much of a mess, too confusing, too inefficient.
Fix that first, INS!

My $0.02

Re: any one has idea of time for re-enrty

Originally posted by danny229
does anyone has any experiance as how much time it takes to get a re-entry permit?

site says upto 1-1 1/2 year.they are processing july 2002 cases

That's true. happened to someone I know . Plan ur trip FARRRR in advance

I recently visited where I applied and the INS information officer told me that they are processing cases 4 months back than the date listed on the website. So, the dates on the website are not true ones or some officers manupulated it to the headoffice....

New processing Dates

BCIS changed the processing dates again on 14th November. The have moved forward by few months in processing times. When we check at the district office they tell the old date as one month before.....why are they publishing the false dates....

Originally posted by PRABHA2000
I recently visited where I applied and the INS information officer told me that they are processing cases 4 months back than the date listed on the website. So, the dates on the website are not true ones or some officers manupulated it to the headoffice....

That's the problem They don't even know. No one knows. It's INS!!! Where there's no left and no right, where 1+1 doesn't equal 2 and where 100 is less than 50.:rolleyes: