processing time for citizenship

newjourney

Registered Users (C)
Just wonder what is the processing time for citizenship after 4 years (how long do I need to wait after I submit my citizen application). Haven't got the GC yet, but want to dream when I will be a citizen! :D What are the procedures. Thanks.

Just wonder what is the processing time for citizenship after 4 years (how long do I need to wait after I submit my citizen application). Haven't got the GC yet, but want to dream when I will be a citizen! :D What are the procedures. Thanks.

Four years since your Permanent Resident is approved. Your Green card comes backdated one year, and you can apply 3 months before.
So the answer is 4 years and 9 months.

His question wasn't how long before he submits the application, his question is what is the processing time when he submits his application.
lately it all depends on the name check, some people have been stuck for 1- 2 years but hopefully when you're ready to file things will change.

6 to 12 months,depends on where you live.