Processing time After FingerPrinting*** PLEASE ADVISE***

ruby1000

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

I filed my I-485 in Apr'2001. However, my FP happened on 09/20/2002.

Does anyone have any idea when my case will be processed ??
They say they are procesing July, Aug 2001 cases but my 485 was filed in Apr' 2001. Do they go by 485 Filing date or the Finger Printing date?

Please advise

ruby1000,

I am not sure ...but...FP shud not have anything to do with the order of processing. I have done my FP on 10/08/02 and My RD is 09/03/02. Please note the year both are in 2002.
SO I guess u shud start digging it out and contact IIO...may be contact senator...or take the appropriate action.

I am relatively new to this 485 stuff...Just want to establish that FP is not tied up with order of processing.

did u recieve any rfe after filing ur 485. if no it is high time u contact ur lawyer and call iio immediately. these iio do not realise how much amount of tension we are all undergoing.

Ruby, Your fingerprinting date has nothing do with your 485 processing, they are supposed to go by the 485 receipt date. Since it is already too late for you, you need to immediately contact your attorney and get him to call INS and verify the status. Next step would be to contact your Senator and have him contact INS and find out the status for you. You need to hurry up buddy. Good luck.

Thanks for the input.

Any idea from where to get the phone number of the Senator.

Thanks - Ruby