Processing dates updated

casolorz

Registered Users (C)
So the processing dates for March were updated and the Texas center where our i485 employment based application is at did not advance even 1 day.

Should we maybe apply for a info pass appt? would that help at all?
Could we get that moved to our local office instead of the texas center? would that help?

It actually moved by 15 days. It is now saying April 30th 2007 as opposed to April 15th 2007. However, I "think" this is as far it will go for a little while now. This could be because of the mix up that happened with the visa numbers back in 2007
. At one point all priority dates were mistakenly printed as "C" (Current) even though there weren't any visa numbers available.

As a result CIS had to allow all the applicants who thought their dates were current to move forward with their I 485 application (including myself). The problem is now they cannot process those applicants' 485 until visa numbers are actually available for them.

Again I "think" this is what will cause a temporary freeze or a potential slow-down on the EB I-485 Processing dates. Does anyone else know anything about this? Please enlighten us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhh that would suck if it slows down to a halt.

I didn't know that have the Current was a mistake, I know all the things that happened after it since we were sort of stuck on the same problem, we filed on a Saturday and then on the Monday is when they tried to make the change to not allow any more applications in, and then later they changed it again to allow people until some mid August date!