Processing Date Question

Tanyababy

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I have applied under the EB1 category at the Nebraska Service Center.

My details are as follows:
I-140 RD: Oct 2004
I-485 RD: Dec 2004

When I saw the Processing dates site ... it shows the following dates for NSC
I-140: Oct 2003
I-485: Aug 2002

- In this forum, I have seen many instances of approval for I-485 applications with approvals for RD of Oct 2003. Can anyone clarify on this? :confused:

- Should I interpret the dates on the NSC processing center site to be RD or PD? :rolleyes:

- I still have not received a request for FP. Should I be worried? :(

Thanks,

Tanyababy

Well, NSC is slow.
DOn't bother about the dates and other people's approval.
You have just started long journey of patient wait.
Don't worry about FP it will come. At least till that point and EAD NSC is quite promt.

I would suggest not builiding expectations of any sort based on published processing dates. It used to be that INS used "first in - first out" approach. It is no longer the case - there is not anything resembling order it seems, for I-485 especially. In the good all times I-485 took on average 11 months, I don't think that with all the additional checks they will ever approach this rate again, whatever they promise.

lamonte said:
I would suggest not builiding expectations of any sort based on published processing dates. It used to be that INS used "first in - first out" approach. It is no longer the case - there is not anything resembling order it seems, for I-485 especially. In the good all times I-485 took on average 11 months, I don't think that with all the additional checks they will ever approach this rate again, whatever they promise.

I agree, there seems to be no particular order. Interestingly, they approved my 485 (for my EB1-EA 140) in just about 2 months. I filed it in Dec, did my fingerprinting then, and got an approval in the first week of Feb. (despite the intervening holidays). I was expecting my adjudication to happen no earlier than 7-8 mos. given the processing dates they are publishing.

GSXR1000 said:
Interestingly, they approved my 485 (for my EB1-EA 140) in just about 2 months.

Yep, this happens all over the place. And my former coworker just got approved after waiting 35 months.