Problem with FP transfer from ASC to FBI.

s_satya

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I gave our Fprints at San Jose ASC on Tuesday 3/13/01. I checked with FBI and they confirmed that my wifes prints were received and also approved on 3/13 itself.
However, they still dont have my prints. Is there anything I can do.
Can someone share their experience if their prints transfer was delayed.
How long should I wait before worrying more about it?

Did anyone have this problem where prints didnt get transferred to FBI at all. I checked my A# when the finger prints technician entered it, and I am sure it was correct.

Thanks for all your responses.

No Title

As the phone number of ASC is not open to public, what you can do is go to ASC with your FP receipt and ask them to check and re-send.

No Title

s_satya,

San Jose ASC can be slow in sending out finger prints. Mine did not
get to FBI even one week after my finger prints were taken. Wait for
a few more days and check up with FBI again.

ciba

No Title

Ciba, according to the original poster, FBI has already processed his FP. He is now wondering why the CSC hasn\'t received his FP 2 days after he did them. Yes, 2 whole days after he did them. Man, my heart goes out to him. It really does.

No Title

Hello N Allur,

I truly appreciate your feeling for my case. However, no where did I mention that I am concerned that CSC did not receive my prints. I am only concerned that FBI still do not have my prints. Ciba unerstood my issue pretty well.

Cheers.

No Title

Ciba,
Thanks for sharing your experience. I will wait till next Tuesday and see how it goes.
In the worst cases if FBI does not get my prints even after a week, do I have any recourse.
Thanks agian.
s_satya

No Title

Hi s_satya,

I don\'t think your concern will happen. If you have fingerprinted,
the results should reach to FBI. If not, we will worry about that
later.

ciba

No Title

Satya, my mistake. I thought you said the INS hadn\'t recd it, not the FBI. I think your concern in genuine. When they entered your data into the computer at the ASC, did you verify they typed everything in correctly, especially the A#?

No Title

Thanks once again Ciba. Hoping that my prints will reach FBI sometime early this week. It will be a full one week by Tuesday.
Regards

No Title

Hi CIBA, S_Satya,
I am exactly in the same situation as Satya. My wifes finger prints got to FBI the same day , while mine has not reached FBI yet. However it might be too early to panic since I did the finger printing at Oakland on 03/21. I would like to know what happened to s_Satya.
I appreciate the help.

No Title

Ciba,
I am in the Same situation, We had our FP at SFO ASC on 03/20, I checked the status very next day with FBI. My FP was transfered
on the same day to INS, but some how my wifes FP was not yet received as of today (03/23). What are the best options to pursue, unfortunately my EAD and AP was received and did not receive my wife\'s.

No Title

Ours FP done on 03/21 at SJC ASC. I called up FBI today. They specifically told me that if the FP is done in SJC, it takes approximately 5 working days to receive data.

Therefore, we need to wait for 5 working days to check results from FBI.

We verified that the FP results were okayed by the machine and the supervisors at ASC when they were taken. Is there still a possibility of rejections for poor quality?

Can anybody share their experience on this?

No Title

Folks,
Mine did reach FBI on 3/18/01. No idea why even though my wife and I gave our prints the same day, mine went there 5 days later.

I spoke to a friendly FBI liason office and to quote her, "ASC doesnt send all the prints at the sametime. ASC sends the files to INS and then INS sends it to FBI (I doubt this stuff, but..). It is very likely that some finger print machines are directly linked to INS and some arent. I have seen many such cases where one set of prints go thru and the other doesnt. Very rarely have I seen a case where the prints never reached FBI.".

Also, seems like the liason officer cant see files which are waiting to be accepted into FBI system. So a print could be sent from INS and not accepted into FBI system yet. The officers can only see prints that are accepted into FBI system and either processed or being processed.

Hope all this helps. My guess would be just a matter of days.