Problem at the interview

amarmistry

Registered Users (C)
Hello All

I have had my interview on May 13 but did not get stamped due to few problems.

1. The officer did not have the company name change letter. I shown him a letter from my employer which stated that I am employed by "ABC company" and was formerly an "XYZ company". Officer wanted something on State/corporate level. When the company name change occurred, it was officially filed at INS for all employees working in my company. He asked me to mail it to him as soon as possible which I did the same day with return recepit. I got a return recepit day after.

2. Also, he did not have the copy of my Labor certification. Fortunately I have had it. So he asked me to send two copies of it alongwith the name change document. I send that too, alongwith the name change document.

3. Lastly, he said that even if he had all documents, he could not stamp my passport since computers were down. He also said that, if everything else was ok and if I send him all the document he asked for, he\'d try to get me approval notice as soon as possible.

So I guess it was not my day afterall. Did anyone got stamped on May 13 and how did it go? Did you guys face problem with computers being down?

Also, normally how many days I should wait before I get my approval letter.

Please reply.