Pro and Con of using friend’s address

junmei

Registered Users (C)
I will move from California to North Carolina. My self petitioned EB1A based I-485 has been pending in CSC for 16 months. FP is also 14 months. I have intention to fax CSC to change the address of I-485 to my friend’s permanent address which is in the same region I am living now. Of course, I will send AR-11 to inform INS my new residential address which was said not used to update I-485 address. Somebody told me that changing of I-485 address would result in delay/transfer of case.

I will appreciate if somebody can share me his thoughts about pro and con of this method. Thanks.

I am also in the same situation.I was in CA and case pending for more than 20 months.I moved to Boston,MA, 3 months back and sent AR-11 and called 1-800 number and gave my friend address.
I did not inform my current address in AR-11 or uscis.I received the change of address confirmation from uscis to my friend address.My FP expired 4 months back, so far no rfe or 2nd FP...
I am not sure whethere i can go to local service center (Boston) for my 2nd FP once i get FP notice.Should i go to San Jose for 2nd FP.
My wife and son went to india from CA using AP.Can they directly come to boston?.Will there be any problem?.

Guys please let us know if you have any experience.

if you do not mind, try to get my suggestions based on my experiences from my previous replies by click my ID

My Experiences,

when i started my GC, i was in MI (my parent comp is in Pittsburgh). After labor was cleared in moved to MA.(filed my ar11)
i140 approved. Did my finger printing in boston.
Did my medical in CT (as i was temporaryly working in NY).
Moved to FL (which is a different bcis center) (filed my ar11)
my i485 was approved and sent to my boston address
(it got redirected to my FL address)
I used my lawyers copy of i485 to get it stamped.

Note :
1) Address proof is not required for getting stamp.
2) Keep USPS informed about the address changes.

Bendon,
On saturdays, Anyone can to boston bcis to get their fingerprint done, even if you dont have an appointment / of different centers.
(they might ask for proof of address...)

Hope this helps.

Meow

Last edited by a moderator:
My 485 was pending from nearly 2 years. I wanted to move to a new apartment with in the same county. As per my understanding I need to notify the following places.

1. File AR-11 to notify address change
2. Call 1-800-375-5283 (is it a national BCIS center?) and update the address.

Should I call any other number (for I485) and notify my new address (Don’t suggest 911 :) )?

What are the advantages and disadvantages if I use one of my friend’s address, who lives in same county, for my I485?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, guowx and meowmeow for ur info

it is very helpful.

BTW, meowmeow, when was ur approval and stamping?

Mine was approved in march 2003 (vermont center) and stamped in april 2003.
Received card in may 2003.

Meow