Priority Dates Published

Guys this is very significant! This means that only applications with PD <= Jan 02 will be approved now right?

Almost true, actually it is PD < Jan 1' 02, not "=" :)

Kashish

bigbadwolf said:
Guys this is very significant! This means that only applications with PD <= Jan 02 will be approved now right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends

I made a quick investigation of progress of previous priority dates (Jan,2001) and guess what! It's really encouraging :) But not sure what happens this time though :confused: But let's keep our hopes and faith high :)

See below:

Date Priority Date

Jan - 2001 ====> March - 1997

Feb - 2001 ====> May - 1997

March - 2001 ====> September - 1997

April - 2001 =====> Feb - 1998

May - 2001 =====> July - 1998

June - 2001 =====> Jan - 1999

July - 2001 =====> CURRENT (since then it's current till today)

By this rate i.e.became current from 4 years back in just 6 moths??? Can we expect the same now?? - I know the most general answer - NO

Please share your ideas - seniors.

My case details:
PD: April,2002
140 AD - 10/13/04
485 RD - 10/31/03

bmt74 said:
Guys, did you notice mexico is current ??

Gurus,

Please explain effect of this update in layman's term. I filed I-140 in Dec03.

What bearing this update will have on my case?

PD is associated with I-485 OR I-140?

Thanks

Sadashivepethi

they will keep approving eb3 till end of december and than they will stop till PDs become current for EB3.

i guess this explains the whole eb3 approvals recently and not many eb2s. i guess their aim is to approve as many eb3s as they can in december because these dates that are published are applicable from jan 01, 2005, as they are january visa availability numbers so i guess you will keep seeing more eb3 approvals till end of december and than a lot of eb2s but again this is just my guess and you never know what these guys are upto.

sbolla67,
thanks for the detail study of prvious retrogression. but at which date did the regression of PD took place last time . and do u have any idea how long it was like before it started moving in jan 2001.
Thanks

SadashivePethi said:
Gurus,

Please explain effect of this update in layman's term. I filed I-140 in Dec03.

What bearing this update will have on my case?

PD is associated with I-485 OR I-140?

Thanks

Sadashivepethi

It is not associated with either the I-140 or the I-485 if you are EB3. It is the date your labor certification was received by the state.
If didn't need labor certifcation it is date the I-140 was received.
What this means for you and everyone else from the effected countries is that they WILL NOT PROCESS YOUR I-485 UNTIL the priority date moves from Jan 1, 2002 which it is at now, until Dec 2003 for you if you did not need labor certification.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grunggy,

What SadashivePethi asked was - will it interrupt I-140 processing as well ?. The answer is No, only your I-485 processing will be put on hold until the PD becomes current. I-140 processing will continue as usual.

So if you have EAD, 180 days passed after I-485 filing and I-140 is approved, you can use AC-21 to switch employers.

bmt74 said:
Grunggy,

What SadashivePethi asked was - will it interrupt I-140 processing as well ?. The answer is No, only your I-485 processing will be put on hold until the PD becomes current. I-140 processing will continue as usual.

So if you have EAD, 180 days passed after I-485 filing and I-140 is approved, you can use AC-21 to switch employers.

Gurus,

Thanks a lot for the good news.

I think its better to assume approval of I-140 equivalent to greencard. What I care is better job.

Thanks a lot.

Sadashivepethi

PD-> Jan 04.. any guess how long it will take for 485

Hi Gurus,

Does any body have any idea (if someone has taken lawyer's opinion) as to when a person with PD JAN-04 expect his 485 case to be processed.

Labor Filed : 20 Jan-04
Labor Approved : Jul-04
140/485/EAD : Oct-04

Thanks Guys
MM

bmt74 said:
Grunggy,

Why are you so sure? They do not process I-130 (family based petition) if PD is not current. They can do the same with I-140.