Primary approval/ Secondary approval question

zipzap

Registered Users (C)
No! I have not gotten aprroved.. no luck yet!

Here is a hypothetical question (no harm dreaming).......
My RD is Oct 02 (primary applicant)
My spouses RD is Nov 03 (secondary applicant).

If my GC gets approved in the next 6 months, and I leave my job in the next 9 months.... but my spouses application is still pending........ how does it affect his application? Are there any risks in such a scenario to his or my application......

Second case.....
I get approved in 6 months and then soon after go on extended leave from work to pursue studies......... what risk is there in that scenario to my spouses application.....

Would appreciate your inputs.
Thanks

No! I have not gotten aprroved.. no luck yet!

Here is a hypothetical question (no harm dreaming).......
My RD is Oct 02 (primary applicant)
My spouses RD is Nov 03 (secondary applicant).

>> Good...atleast someone is daring to day dream :D :D

If my GC gets approved in the next 6 months, and I leave my job in the next 9 months.... but my spouses application is still pending........ how does it affect his application? Are there any risks in such a scenario to his or my application......

>> No issues. Since she is derivative applicant and since you get approved she will also. Make sure u stay long enuff so you dont get problems when u apply for citizenship.

Second case.....
I get approved in 6 months and then soon after go on extended leave from work to pursue studies......... what risk is there in that scenario to my spouses application.....

>> the bottom line is as long as you intened to work for your GC sponsor after getting the approval you shouldnt have any trouble. Say you are going on sabatical leave and your company approves it you shouldnt have any prob. otherwise yes it might be a issue. (in my opinon)

Would appreciate your inputs.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

If the primary applicant gets approved, there is 99% chance derivative will get approved too - sooner or later - unless he/she has some visa overstay/out of status or criminal history problem.

Scenario 1:
If you leave your current job and get a new one after your GC approval, there is no problem in your derivative's GC approval as long as your are working (does not matter which company you are working).

Scenario 2:
As your wife is derivative, USCIS can ask for your ability for support. If you go for study and not earning anything, that could be problem, in case USCIS gererate RFE or call for interview and ask you show your ability to support. Now after your GC approval, the ability to support is very broad term. If you spouse is working on EAD, his/her earning can be added as part of YOUR ability to support too. If you are NOT working, but have enough money in you bank account, that can be counted too.

mygcwaiter100 said:
>> the bottom line is as long as you intened to work for your GC sponsor after getting the approval you shouldnt have any trouble. Say you are going on sabatical leave and your company approves it you shouldnt have any prob. otherwise yes it might be a issue. (in my opinon)

If you leave company after your GC approval, there won't be problem in your spouse's GC approval. Can your derivative's GC processing trigger the officer to find out which company the primary applicant working? Can they revoke your GC (and denial of your souse's I-485) on this ground? I doubt.