Previous Employment letters for TN Visa application

peterpan28

I am going to Canada-US broder for TN Visa this week. I have letter from Employer in US as Management consultant. I have Masters degree from Canada.

Do I need to show past experience in my field to INS? (it's not mendetory in NAFTA requirements) if yes, in which format previous employment letter required by INS officer? Do they match content from Employment letter with requirement submitted by US employer?? Are they picky about designations in previous jobs?

Thx,
peter

Sample TN Visa Employer Letter

Hi Peter,
Just to ensure you are aware of the criteria to qualify as a Management Consultant. It is as follows:
Management Consultants are not managers. They have nothing to do with a business entity's managers. Management consultants provide services that improve the managerial, operating, and economic performance of public and private entities by analyzing and resolving strategic and operating problems of the entity.

I'll try to answer some of your questions:
1. you should show sufficient documentation to support your application. If the INS Officer asks or questions your experience, have proof available. You do not need to give more than what is required, but it is always smart to have the supporting information in case you need to show more proof.

2. The employer letter format is an important aspect to getting approved. It should be concise and clear so the Immigration Officer can easily find all the required information to determine that you qualify. A well formatted letter can make all the difference.

Take a look at the TN Visa Expert Kit. The kit provides a template employer letter, step by step instructions on how to create your letter and also provides a sample Management Consultant letter.

The Management Consultant letter provided in the TN Visa Expert Kit is used by their experienced Immigration Lawyer and now is available for you to use, as well. It uses all the correct legal jargon and is formatted so the Immigration Officer can easily see that you qualify.

Hope this helps.