preveiling wage info

longwayforgc

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I saw lots of REFs challenging the company's ability to pay the prevailing wages.

The question is: how can I know how much my prevailing wage is? I did not see a number on the ETA A & B forms. Did you get this number from your lawyer? Or the certified LC will have this number on it?

I know we would get this number before submitting 140. But where to get it? Thank you very much for your clarification.

The wage on your LC is what your employer should be capable of paying you.

Prevailing wage at Labor stage can be obtained from dol website - hopefully the wage on your LC should be close (at least 95% range of the one for your profession from website).

longwayforgc said:
Hello,

I saw lots of REFs challenging the company's ability to pay the prevailing wages.

The question is: how can I know how much my prevailing wage is? I did not see a number on the ETA A & B forms. Did you get this number from your lawyer? Or the certified LC will have this number on it?

I know we would get this number before submitting 140. But where to get it? Thank you very much for your clarification.

Prevailing wages is found from state labor dept. Usually lawyers fax the request for same and get reply based on which they mention it on LC. Challenging ability to pay is different - it is about company's financial strength that if they are capable of paying that much or not!

But the salary on the LC is for the future employement...so what makes difference if the current salary what the person is gettting is less than what is specified on the LC, Employeer can say that he will be willing to pay the LC salary once the Greencard is approved right??

current salary and future employment

so how much salary does I check before I am applying for H1B? $ 8 / hour is not enough?