Premium Processing for I-140... PLEASE DON'T GET EXCITED..

kriskish

Registered Users (C)
Hi 140 Gang,
I met my attorney on Friday. He was mentioning that Premium Processing for I-140 may be possible in the near future. He told me that there is a possibility that it may start even in May this year. "PLEASE DON'T GET EXCITED". He told me that for FY2005 third quarter USCIS have this goal. Then I searched web to see whether I can find something or not. Interestingly I did find some thing on web.

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/saagendhs.pdf

If you search for "Premium" on the pdf there is a code 1205. Which says Premium processing for Employment based petitions (Now the question is whether it is H-1Bs or 140s I really don't know). The final action date is 04/00/2005.

Incidentally the 1204 talks about 140/485. I am attaching the file on the premium processing(H-1B or 140 don't know) here.

Any comments or any info on this will be great. Still not able to understand what is this employment based petitions and applications.

I hope this will be true and all our 140 gang will be free to move around the employers using AC21 (if needed).

Thanks
KK

not getting excited

here a little more on this:
http://www.maggio-kattar.com/html/immigration/march2005.html

I-140 Premium Processing?

CIS leaders at an immigration conference recently indicated that premium processing, which presently guarantees a decision on an employment-based nonimmigrant visa petition within 15 calendar days for a $1,000 supplemental filing fee, will be offered in processing I-140 immigrant visa petitions. When asked “when?” the CIS replied “soon.” When asked “how soon?” the CIS replied, “we are actively working on this.” This is welcome news, even if still premature, considering lengthy processing delays on I-140 petitions, and adjustment of status portability issues described above.

I-140 premium processing will take effect in retro ?

IF and when the I-140 premium processing comes into effect can it be applied in retro ? By this I mean that, could existing I-140 filers use it? Anybody got any info on this ?

I would think that it would be applicable for people who have filed their I140. It is just like H1B, once filed you can change it to premium at any time. Also USCIS will make money out of it so I dont see any reason why they would not allow existing I140 filers not to do it

HasiruUsiru said:
Please let us know if you have heard anything on this. thanks
Definately..
To be frank I am little optimistic on this. Reasons..
1) My attorney told initially that USCIS this task in todo list for 3rd qtr of FY2005.
2) I checked the federal document and it has been mentioned that final decision will be taken in April 2005.
3) Two websites mentinoned the same information that in near future premium processing will be implemented.. (how near... I really don't know)

Also guys please check with your attorneys if they can give some information..

I will also check with my company attorney (I hired my own attorney) to see he can give some info..

Thanks
KK

The question is... would premium processing be applicable to people who already applied for 140 ? I guess we'll know once it becomes official.

veryblue said:
The question is... would premium processing be applicable to people who already applied for 140 ? I guess we'll know once it becomes official.
Oh boy,
Thats a tough question.. Nobody can answer.. First lets wait for them to implement Premium Processing.. :)
Thanks
KK