Preliminary Surgery/Medicine during OPT period

coolmavs

Registered Users (C)
Guys, wanted your guidance on an issue. Also please pardon me for my ignorance if this feels like an innane question. Suppose I have my OPT period starting next May, and I apply for match into Prelim Surgery/Medicine, which I believe is of 1 year, will I be able to do so officially without having the hospital to sponsor my visa.....since that may have an effect on the hospitals which may be willing to offer me the same....
Thanks in advance.

Guys, wanted your guidance on an issue. Also please pardon me for my ignorance if this feels like an innane question. Suppose I have my OPT period starting next May, and I apply for match into Prelim Surgery/Medicine, which I believe is of 1 year, will I be able to do so officially without having the hospital to sponsor my visa.....since that may have an effect on the hospitals which may be willing to offer me the same....
Thanks in advance.

Although you will not need visa sponsorship. Your OPT is for which field? Consult some good attorney because it may hurt you when you will apply for your GC.

I will be having my OPT from MPH and then I thought that if I have the 1 year of OPT in hand...maybe I can think along these lines......of trying to do Prelim Med/Surg or Transitional year.

Physicians and residents,

Stuck in retrogression, processing delays or are worried that you may be?

If you're interested in a special interest group, please visit Immigration Voice where a few physicians and residents are in the process of forming a think-tank

Visit http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4817
Requires free signing up. You are encouraged to come forward and connect with "paskal" and "mhb" and other physician members.

Thanking immigrationportal.com in advance for being able to communicate this message.