PR card Photo reqmts

akilhere

Registered Users (C)
I landed in canada last month and got a letter from the consulate that the photo did not match the req. size for the PR card so they wanted us to appear in person at the office in toronto. But since I was in the US and my relative in Canada was out of town, I couldn't meet that appointment time. Will this be a problem? I, however will call them up tomorrow and request them to schedule it again sometime next month. But i'll be relieved and prepared if I can get some advises from the immig gurus on this site. Have any of you had such problems before?

Thanks in advance,

Photo requirements

As far as my knowledge is concerned a passport size photograph taken from a local photo studio would satisfy the needs.It should also bear the address of the shop along with the date and time.

Not sure of any other requirements.

Hi Akilhere

did you go to canada for the appointment? please keep us updated...also, what was the photo requirement? what kind of photo did they want?

Thanks

Hi Akilhere

I got letter saying i need to appear in person because of photo
is not good. Can i re-schedule this ?. I don't know what to do,
i don't have enough time.What did you do???.
Anybody in the same boat pls share your experience.

Thanks in advance.

I told them to reschedule it. Before that I have to get a one way entry visa to get into canada since my document is not valid for travel.
Can anybody help me out in this? How do I got about it. Avtaar, anybody??

Thanks in advance

Akilhere

Is the IMM-1000 form that is attached to the passport as a proof of landing, not valid for travelling? Did you check with the Canadian authorities..

Let us know of your experiences.
hmnpa