PPD Postive and Chest xRay -Ve

contactreddi

Registered Users (C)
My wife PPD's Test is Postive (10mm, it was 7 mm but they measused wronly) and they send to state health department, they department asked my wife to take some medication inspite of chest x ray to be -ve, But i came to know that the medication has so many side effects and she is pregnant now, I read some where that medicine is not adviceable during pregnancy and during breast feed, we are really confused and worried now,, guys any thoughts... advance Thanks for your comments ..

drugs

can you tell me what kind medications they put her on. is it Isoniazid or something else, let me know i will be better able to tell you if its ok during pregnancy/breast feeding.

take care
maine RpH

Thanks for your reply ,yes it is isoniazid and they mentioned it is as 9 month course.is it mandatory to take that course.
Thanks

I'm not sure whether medication is required if the x-ray results are negative,, atleast for my case i had a positive skin test (maybe as a result of the bgc vaccine) and a negative xray, no medication was required

why did you get a rfe for medical.since the ppd was postive they sent my name to state dept of health thats why i was worried that it might be a problem if they send my name to immigration office even though my xray are negative.i am spending sleepless night about it as i am not interested in taking the isozonied for fear of hurting my baby and myself with its sideeffects.i am sure the ppd was postive because of bcg vaccine given to me,

I got my skin test +ve and x-ray normal , my doctor didn't asked me to go to health dept.What I suggest you to see another doctor , but make sure that he doesn't refer your wife to health dept when x-ray is normal.Health and baby are important than GC.