PP stamping question at Newark

I received my i_485 approval notice. On the notice, it says you can go to the Peter J Rodino building office of the INS on Wed 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 pm. for passport stamping.

Can one go on any day or do we have to go on a Wednesday?
What time is it advisable to be there if I plan to go on a Wednesday? I have read on this forum that people have been waiting in the line since 5:30 a.m.? The reason is I have a little kid and I do not want to tag him along if I can help.

Can someone please help me out here?

Thanks.

No Title

You can go on any day (based on what I\'ve read here) but I believe you would have to wait longer. I went on a Wednesday. I reached at 8.30 and was out by 11.15. It might be a good idea to reach by 7.50 then you might be able to get out faster. I don\'t think there\'s any poinnt in going very early because if you go very early you wait outside. If you go on time you wait inside. The wait time is probably going to be the same.

Congrats!

I understand from your posting, the status is moving from
"Application in the Waiting Area" to "Pending" to "Approved". I called 2 weeks back and they told me the "application is in waiting area". Could you please let me know, how long does it take from this point to approval stage. Thanks in advance.
Gopal

Thanks.

Gopal,

Not sure if the state transition of the status is the same in all cases, but in my case, the time between "Application in waiting area" to "Approved" was approx. 3 weeks.

I guess for some reason now, they are refraining from indicating whether the case has already been assigned to an officer or it yet to be assigned.

Hang on there..

Courtesy Copy OK??

All,

Probably this question has been answered before.

Can we get the stamping done using the courtesy copy?? I have the coutesy copy but the lawyer has not forwarded the real one yet.

Thanks

GRV

Courtesy copy should be fine

Courtesy copy is fine for the PP stamping. In the courtesy copy, then only mention "Bring this copy to the ...." and not "Bring the original approval notice copy".

I haven\'t known anyone having bad experiences with a courtesy copy for PP stamping.