PP Stamping Experience NY

Harry Labana

Registered Users (C)
Had my passport stamped this morning at Federal Plaza New York.
RD=9/1/99 ND=9/21/99 FP=8/2/00 AP=12/19/00 (got the actual letter on 12/23/00) Stamping 1/5/00 valid for a year.

The 1-485 notice said office hours are between 7.30am and 4pm and go to room 10-112. THIS IS INCORRECT!!

I got to the office at 10.20am this morning at the side entrance, doors were locked but then this security guard came after a few minutes, who could have done with a few lessons in charm school and let me in.

Anyway the stamping is done on the ground floor, no need to take any elevator anywhere, just ask. There was no body in the line in front of me at 10.30. They took my fingerprint, I signed a form and they marked VOID on my H1 Visa in my passport and finally told me that the card takes 6 months to a year to arrive. I walked out at 10.35, (that\'s right 5 mintues) to enjoy a nice hot cup of coffee and breath a sigh of relief.

Good luck all

No Title

Could you please tell if you took the original approval notice or copy ?
and also what docs did you take with you ?

Thanks

No Title

I took the original approval document, 2 passport pictures with my A# at the back and my passport. All the instructions that you need are on your approval notice