PP Stamping experience at Cleveland INS

Sharad Annaldasula

Registered Users (C)
We went to stamp our passports at the Cleveland INS on Thursday Feb 21 2002. We reached there at about 7.50 am. They do not let you enter the building till 8 am, so you need to stand outside in the cold.

At 8 am, we went inside and you need to go to the 19th floor and take a number. My number was 2. The lady asked for our passports, APs and photos (2). She told us that we can keep our EAD cards for our records. She stamped our passports and we were out by 8.15 am. She also said that we would recieve our Green cards maximum by 1 year or may by within 6 months also. There was not much rush at all.

So i suggest that you do not go so early. You can go from anytime between 8 to 4.

Also i went to the SSN office in the same building which is on the 7th floor and asked if the restriction on the SSN card (For employment only) would be removed. They said that this would happen only after i become a citizen.

But for my wife, who was on H4, she had a constraint on her SSN card (Not for employment purpose). For her she said that they would send a new card with the same SSN number but without the restriction.

I also applied for an SSN card for my kid.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.
tipash@yahoo.com

Thankyou all and Best of Luck and may GOD approve all you Green Cards.

? FOR hopeful_1

Raju Hello,
My hearty congrats of the successful stamping by INS, cleveland. Well could U pl share the info that when your I 140 file approved for CP, was sent back to INS by consulate. Can U tell us the date it was sent to INS. Since I am in the same boat , my I 140 approved for CP, but my attorney filed for 485, and we have never asked for CP.

An early response is appreciated. I have sent a email to your YAHOO also.
Thanks,
ramukesi

Congrats! Could you share your RD, ND and FP date ?

Congrats!
Could you share your RD, ND and FP date? I am also from Cleveland.

Thanks

Thanks Hope for posting your experiance in Cleveland INS.

Congrates and enjoy your freedom. This really helpful.

God bless you and all.

hopeful_1

Did you take your original approval or
courtesy copy for PP stamping ?.

Thanks
PTL