PP Stamping Experience at Arlington VA

ks_r

Registered Users (C)
Did PP Stamping yesterday at Arlington office.

Started from home at 5 AM, because at INS it is first come first serve basis. Reached INS Office by 5.30 AM.

Driving from I-66, take Glebe Road (Exit-71) which goes on to the N. Fairfax Drive. Pass two traffic lights (the first one was flashing-orange when we came-in). INS office (#4420) is on the right-side, which is a 5 story-building (Wachovia sign is on the top).

Ballston Metro station is close by and it should be a short walk to: 4420 N. Fairfax Dr. Arlington, VA 22203

Dropped my wife in front of INS (to stand in the line) and parked car in a side-street on the left. Street metering starts only by 8 AM. By 7, the garage in the building next to INS opened and it is $4.50 for the whole day. Moved the car to this garage, since maximum street parking time is only 2 hours.

Already there were about 15 people in the line. By 6.00 it became about 30 and by 6.30, 60 and by 7.00 more than 80. There is a CAFE and a photo express next to the INS front door, which opened around 6.30 AM where breakfast is available.

By 7, the door opened and a couple of guys came out asking purpose and depending on the case, distributed big tickets showing the floor to where one should be going. For GC stamping it is a red sheet with the number 2 on it.

By 7.30, the line started moving. By this time there were more than 100 people in the line. After security check, we went to 2nd floor. Coming out of elevator, Suite 210 is on the right. There are two lines here and picked the one with fewer number of people. We reached this (first) counter by 7.45 and presented following documents:

- Approval Notice (I had the original received from the attorney)
- Passport (should be valid for at least 6 months);
- I94
- EAD (and AP if applicable, which I did not have)
- 2 ADIT format photos with your name and A # written on its back with a pencil (I took the photo at Costco)

(Extra things we carried, which was not used in my case were: Drivers License and our Check-book)

The lady-officer put I-94, photo and EAD into a small envelope and stapled it with approval notice. This along with passport and a token was given to us. Our numbers were 10 and 11 and my wife chose to go first. Number 10 was called around 8 AM.

The officer sitting behind this (second counter) glassed partition, first took the stapled set. He filled-up a form himself and then asked me to touch the fore-finger in a stamp-pad and affix the print softly in the front and back of the form. He got two signatures also into this form. Then he asked for the passport and placed the stamp in it. He said that I can travel with the stamp and the plastic card should arrive in about 6 months.

I asked about our sons, he said their card would come directly in our home address. We were out of the building by 8.30 AM. We got out early because we came to stand in the line so early. The lines were moving very slowly in the second floor and I believe that the people who came after 7 would complete the process only by late afternoon.

We went to Social Security office, filled-out the application and surrendered old SSN Card. They said the new card would arrive in a couple of weeks.

Hope this will be helpful. Wish you all the very best.

Congratulations!

Hi!

Nice description. Very helpful!

You mentioned that you had surrendered the Old SSN card and you will get a new SSN card. Does this mean that your SSN itself will change? How about your credit history?

Thank you in advance…

Regards.

Is EAD Card necessary for PP stamping?

My company didn\'t apply for EAD..do i need to have one for PP stamping?

ks_r Congrats! Could you please give details of your case(RD, ND, Category etc)? Approved date(per A

WOW what a detailed message !

Yeah it was nicely written .....this makes me think are you a technical writer or something like that? ...these kinda details are hard to come out of a pure tech person !
so what\'s your RD and ND?
and what is ADIT format photos?

Stamping Experience

SSN: I have not received the new SSN card yet, but I gather that the SSN # will not change. The condition that this (old) card “needs INS authorization” will be removed and a new card without this limitation (but with the same number) will be re-issued.

EAD: If you never applied for EAD, (naturally) you do not need to surrender it. Same with AP also.

Approval Letter: I got the courtesy copy by mail and (the company) attorney sent the originals to me. I have heard about stamping done at Arlington using courtesy copy. Each officer is different and therefore I strongly suggest getting the original from attorney and carrying it with you.

ADIT: Photo specifications are given in the approval letter. The specification is similar to that of EAD etc, showing right side of the face. Most professional photographers should know the specification.

About me: I used to be a finance guy turned into a techie about 5 years back with (quiet) some experience in project (document) preparation. My GC details are:

EB3/VA/India
EAC-01-276-*****
PD: June 13, 2000
I-140 RD: Sep 27, 2000
I-140 Approval: July 03, 2001
I-485 RD: July 30, 2001
Notice Date: Sep 21, 2001
Finger Printing: Jan 17, 2002
Approved on April 2, 2002
PP Stamping on April 18, 2002

I used to check AVM once a week. Never called IIO.
Your dates are coming and may you all get your freedom without further delay.